Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Is the new Riddler belt plastic (like vintage or DM) or rubbery?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Is the new Riddler belt plastic (like vintage or DM) or rubbery?
      I’d say plastic.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks, I thought it might be like the DM repro belts.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; May 2, '21, 5:08 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
          Museum Super Collector
          • Nov 5, 2018

I have to admit, MEGO has done a great job of striking a balance between just re-issuing old 70's heads and going with an uber detailed sculpt that can be done today. You've managed, on most of these, to capture the charm of the 70's but with the detail that can be done today. Congrats, and keep on keepin on

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by boss
            ^because those will sell in the 10’s.
            I'd have to respectfully disagree.

Mego for it to be successful and get out of the niche, will eventually have to do characters that haven't been done before.

Right now with exposure to the Justice League Synder Cut, there are several figures that Mego could make that, with the right Graphic Designer
            doing packaging, they could tie in and draw attention to the brand! JLU is fine, but a Synder Cut Black Suited Superman, Wonder Woman, or Batman,
            along with a Deathstroke or Even Steppenwolf, would have done wonders to expand the market for them.

I get that some of these choices don't resonate with 8" collectors who prefer their toys to be stuck in the 70s, but hey if McFarlane and Neca are selling through
            on their choices, that must mean SOMEBODY is buying them?

I mean unless this is a vanity play, Mego needs to make money to stay here for the long haul. The recent success of Ultraman and UltraMan Leo internationally prove
            that stepping out the box works for them. just my 02¢.
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

Deathstroke , Black Adam, and Harley Quinn 8'' would be on my wish list

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎