X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Good Friday-Great Toyday

We have Good Friday off, so we decided to head to The 'Bu for lunch. While my Wife was getting ready, I was still going over the "Dinky Toys Science Fiction Models- Star Trek- Gerry Anderson" Post in my head. That UFO Interceptor left me half-crazed. I went on ebay to see what was available. This was just meant to be: Found a Seller that had a minty one for auction, in the Simi Valley area, not far from Malibu. He had it set at $200 + shipping with the Make Offer option. My offer was $160.00 cash at a place he was comfortable with. He accepted, and we met at a Starbucks in Simi. All were happy.

Celebrated with Grilled Scallops and Fried Clams From Malibu Seafood. Picked up and parked across Pacific Coast Highway.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

wow man you are really living my dream life lol

congrats on the pick up ,nothing beats a toy pick up road trip

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

Humanity fights on! Congrats, that's supercool!

Do Not Point Missiles At People… wisdom too!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Your travelogues always delight, and who can resist UFO?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Thanks everyone. That missile shoots out 13 feet! Now I just need to find some caps to scare the bejesus outta' my cats.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Mmmmmm, them Fried Clams have me drooling like a Saint Bernard

Tell me, why is it so difficult to find decent Fried Clams on the east coast ?

Seriously --- Everything here is minced to almost dust and basically you're getting mostly deep-fried coating.

Hate to say it but the best Fried Clams on the east coast are from White Castle

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Life is good! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Neat! Super nice condition.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎