X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Help Needed Ideas For Custom Figure.

I need some help and or ideas for a Star Trek custom character, I’ve been wanting to do for awhile.

I am currently working on trying to turn an original mego Lion head, into a Star Trek Tellerite head, I will be putting this on a flesh color original mego body.

I’m thinking of carefully cutting off the mego Lion ears, repainting the hair a lighter brown or blonde, the face is a yellowish color so I may paint it more of a pinkish color.

I think flocking under the nose would be needed and flocked hands too.

The problem is,

1. Should I cut the ears off or flock over them?

2. Painting a lighter color over a darker color wouldn’t work properly, so I’m guessing a white paint over dark,
    let dry, then paint over with a lighter color? same with face, orangey yellow to fleshy pink?

I have many nice Star Trek customs, I myself usually do the more simpler things, but things like sanding, flocking special paint projects etc, are done by those with much better talent.

If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction to someone who’s an expert at something like this,
    please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

there are a ton of flocking videos on youtube. you may want to look there for a simple solution for that part of it. I can see some tellerite in the lion head so that should work as a base
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Thank you for the info, I will definitely check those videos out. I realize that in the two TOS episodes featuring Tellerite’s, they had different hair colors, blonde and black.

I was focusing on Gav from Journey to Babel, his companion had darker hair and the Tellerite from Whom Gods Destroy also had dark hair. I was just going for a generic Tellerite look, not a specific character.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

be sure to post photos. i'm really interested in how it turns out

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          be sure to post photos. i'm really interested in how it turns out
          I definitely will along with a custom art window box.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

If I remember right...when Brady did his Tellarite he started with Boss Hogg as the base for the head.

Comment

• Doctor Dim
              • May 18, 2017

You should remove all of the original paint from the Lion head before you repaint. It'll help the new paint and the flocking adhere better.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎