X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

MOTU Battle Damage Skeletor From Entertainment Earth

Will try to post pics later on. I received 1 of my many MOTU preorders with EE and was shocked that an item that list for $20 had a $50 freight charge. Imagine spending $70 for a new $20 toy. On top of that, the shipping box arrived damaged along with the cardback of said toy. I already contacted EE about an exchange but if the shipping prices are legit and there's no error on their behalf then I'm going to cancel my many preorders and seek to purchase elsewhere. With so many items up for preorder it's going to get crazy expensive with $50 shipping costs for an individual item that shouldn't have cost more than $15 for priority mail. At no time did I see what a freight charge was going to be for a preorder.

I hadn't ordered from EE since back when they were making 1:9 scale retro figures.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I feel your pain. I'm sort of in the reverse situation: I've had to buy some Origins items in the secondary market--the shipping is reasonable, but the scalping is torturous.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

An update:

Although not resolved due to sluggish emails correspondences--EE states they have high volumes of email--I am happy to report a rep from EE reached out to offer 1 of 3 options. A replacement, if possible or a not-mint discount, or a complete refund. As for the high shipping cost, the good news is EE won't be pulling out any more money from future things sent to me from all my pre-orders. (Although at the rate my friend finds MOTU things for me in Phoenix I may not have to pre-order anything and then I'll wind up forfeiting the high shipping rate. The toy shelves in the city where I live are horrible with nothing but series 1 for 2020 MOTU--and even then you'd be lucky if a Target or Wal-Mart actually had more than He-man or Skeletor on the pegs.)

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^That makes sense. I used to buy a lot from EE, and I now remember they often hit you with all the shipping cost with the first order, even if they string them out over multiple shipments.

And I feel your pain about MOTU. I see a stray Man-At-Arms every once in a while, but otherwise it's tons and tons of He-Man and Skeletor.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎