X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Liu Bei
    I’m not sure, but I’ve seen some stuff like bobble heads, a rerelease of the old novels, keychains, totes, hoodies, and other stuff on their website, so they are at least doing some stuff.

I’d guess it may just be something Marty really hasn’t thought about. I wish they’d do a fan poll or something so we could at least get the idea out there.
    I may be wrong, but with the exception of the reprint books, it seems most of the other stuff is only available through the MPI home video site. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Their repro wolf cane sold out fast.
    I, too, hope Mego will release a set of DS figures, but right now, it seems they're focusing on the Universal and Hammer monsters.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

this wave, except for the 14 inch, is now available for pre order over at big bad toy store I love hearing about the latest wave and is able to order them the same day

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

The BBTS listing is for Ursus not Urko. I would be happy with a reissue of either one. Even if it's a new sculp I would be happy with either one. Maybe someone in the know here can clear this up for us.

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

Does anyone know if Caesar is from the new Apes movies or if it’s the Roddy McDowall version?

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

My guess is Caesar will be the Cornelius sculp with a green jumpsuit. This would be fine for me as it's what I always imagined the original Mego would have done back in the day had they produced Caesar. Hope they stay with the classic Apes stuff and not waste slots on newer movie characters.

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Two excellent and powerful Apes choices!… and hopefully new, original designs too. As the elders have declared, there was only one Ursus, who was a mighty warrior who wore the coolest helmet in Ape-land!

The license is back, there's a real (perhaps the last) chance to add and enhance characters, and collectors are still wanting re-issues? That just remains baffling to me, in terms of time… decades to find the originals, which are still available, and loose figure prices - even at high levels - aren't crazy in comparison to other contemporary collectibles. I mean, have you seen my annual Apes sales threads?… deals can still be found.

… oh yeah, Go Monster too! Such abounding fun!
              Last edited by Confessional; Mar 31, '21, 9:40 AM. Reason: … Julius, where are you?

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by RonnyG
                I may be wrong, but with the exception of the reprint books, it seems most of the other stuff is only available through the MPI home video site. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Their repro wolf cane sold out fast.
                I, too, hope Mego will release a set of DS figures, but right now, it seems they're focusing on the Universal and Hammer monsters.
                You’re exactly right. It’s entirely possible MPI is the hang up, if indeed Mego ever was interested in doing Dark Shadows.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

I would be in for new Mego Dark Shadows figures. I have the Spectre set and love them but that line was cut way too short. We need a lot more than three DS characters. So many possibilities.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Even if Mego does Dark Shadows--and I think they should--I'd be shocked if they went very deep in developing a line.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Boy did I get a surprise this morning! I hadn't seen anything about these new releases(I was last on the Museum Friday)and then I perusing BBTS and WOW! Really happy about these new figures! A Factory made James Brady Kang? Yes PLEASE! And then more Apes? So happy! I still don't own a complete General Ursus(mine has no pants). I really won't be upset which color scheme the go with either...I'd like a repro of the original, but that doesn't mean Mego won't go back and do the black version...hell, they're already doing Caesar.

Hey, doesn't anybody know what the Hammer Reptile Monster is?
                      sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

For me personally I am very excited about the release of Kang, maybe Kor will be in the next wave?

The 14” line up of heroes and monsters is fantastic, curious about Kirk and Spock, if Kirk will be in his traditional gold shirt.

Wonder if the Gorn will have the glow in the dark eyes?

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

s-l1000.jpgThe Reptile.jpg

The answer to my payers, a figures I do not have to make!!!!
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm excited, too--one of my Hammer favorites!

I think Mego Corp. will do a good job with her--Monster's Bride green body, and a green fitted dress that they can use good fabric on because it's a simple design.

New hands would be nice, but that's asking a lot.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by TrekStar
                              For me personally I am very excited about the release of Kang, maybe Kor will be in the next wave?

The 14” line up of heroes and monsters is fantastic, curious about Kirk and Spock, if Kirk will be in his traditional gold shirt.

Wonder if the Gorn will have the glow in the dark eyes?
                              I’m super stoked for Kang as well. Can’t wait for him to join my Mego Klingon army.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

REPTILE11 (2).png

Actually if the just use the Wicked Witch's black dress, it was what I would have done.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎