Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Two of my sons and I masked-up and headed to the theater yesterday afternoon. It was a much different experience with social distancing and other precautions in place for the times we weren't in our seats. Once we were seated, business as usual. My sons enjoyed it; I did too although there were three fairly major things that I thought were just completely stupid and they were hard for me to ignore. All in all, I think we fell into the "it's a fun popcorn flick" crowd.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

Of course, watched! Of course, too much stupid human time… and what a small story arc given all the locales and plausible inclusions.

I'm calling BS on Mecha too… clearly the Black Hole Aliens have the real deal.

… just *film* hollow earth and surface destruction of every kind imaginable!

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Didn't see it yet but glad to see good reviews everywhere

On the flip side kinda sad this movie marks the end of the MonsterVerse

Hope it brings in enough money to give the powers-that-be inspiration to make a deal continuing the series of movies

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991) is a guilty pleasure of mine and would love to see a remake
        Last edited by Mikey; Apr 1, '21, 8:05 PM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

It was fine. These movies lack a heart that the Toho movies have.

Also the lack of Godzilla's distinctive roar really makes this monster not feel at all like Godzilla.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

I’m glad I didn’t spend money to see that in the theatre.

Is it possible to try to hard by attempting to add a meaningless and downright dumb story? No one is watching for a story! Opening title, 45 minute continuous fight scene, credits. THATS IT!!
            Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Apr 5, '21, 12:20 AM.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
              Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy movie theaters, always have, always will. And will eventually go in the future after the pandemic dies down.

But...

You still look at your phone?

I relish the fact that I gladly ignore that bloody thing. I won’t even glance at it. The only time I’d pick it up if it’s an emergency call from a loved one...the rest will have to leave a voicemail, and I’ll get back to them when the movie is over, lol.
              Oh yeah and with three kids around the house and my wife asking what's going on, the dark quiet of the theater is an oasis

I did get to watch this over the weekend and I liked it! As stated, it needs to be less humans and more titans, but it was fun. I do agree why not have Godzilla's roar???
              Last edited by drquest; Apr 6, '21, 8:39 AM.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                I’m glad I didn’t spend money to see that in the theatre.

Is it possible to try to hard by attempting to add a meaningless and downright dumb story? No one is watching for a story! Opening title, 45 minute continuous fight scene, credits. THATS IT!!
                I agree with this, fight scenes and special effects good, story line so-so and for me personally, a bit difficult to follow at times.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

The Monsterverse is basically done right now, unless the fans want more. Legendary Entertainment "rentral" of the characters is up:

In February 2021, Adam Wingard (director of Godzilla vs. Kong) stated, "I know where we could go potentially with future films", however, he noted that the MonsterVerse was created "to a certain degree" to lead towards Godzilla vs. Kong. Wingard added that the MonsterVerse is at a "crossroads", stating, "It’s really at the point where audiences have to kind of step forward and vote for more of these things. If this movie is a success obviously they will continue forward."
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• YoungOnce
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 29, 2007

I went online to see what safety precautions our theatre was doing and felt confident in the measures... I really wanted to watch this on a big screen with big sound. I kinda feel like I've done my part to get movie-going back to normal.

The monsters were great and the rampaging brawls were spectacular... the plot was fairly straight-forward (just like it should be)... the deaf child storyline definitely worked better than the Millie Bobby Brown trio... all of their "comedy relief" fell really flat with me.

One of these days I look forward to watching this whole series in sequence to see how well it fits together. Other than Marvel's connected universe, I'm thinking this series might be the next most successful current "world-building" movie series (not counting Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc...) It seems to have fared better than the DC movie universe and the Dark Universe launch.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

This week we are watch the Monsterverse in order at night on the computer. We have Dish so we turned the TV to channel 199 since it is Japanese Cherry Blossoms this month. This channel has an image that changes each month and adds in movement so your tv does not time out, it even goes from daytime to nighttime.
                      Dish cherry blossems 1.jpgDish cherry blossems 2.jpg

As were watch the movie on the computer my boyfriend looks at the nighttime screen and grabs my leg and starts to laugh pointing at the screen:
                      Dish cherry blossems 3.jpgDish cherry blossems 4.jpg

Now back to the Monsterverse:
                      Godzilla 2014.jpg
                      Godzilla told the origin of the Zilla but most of the battle scenes were seen on tv screens in the background, If you think GVSK had too much human story than you have forgotten about the first movie. It was 85% human story with 15% Titan story that happened in the last act of the movie.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

I didn’t think the human story was too much in this. I actually liked the one story (with the scientific team) as I thought it did what it needed to do. The other human story was a waste. Would’ve worked better if they had merged the characters from the two stories at some point.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

The scientific team part was okay, no gripes here. But Millie Bobby Brown and company were such a waste of audience’s time.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

Right. If they wanted her in there, which I think they did just to have a connection to the prior movie, then they should have just shoehorned into the scientist story.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 8, 2015

I actually went to the cinema today (AMC in Crestwood, IL) my guesstimate was maybe 20-30 people including me in the theatre.

closest person was about 15 feet from me everyone had a mask except when stuffing their faces. Went at the 4pm showing, and I was pleasantly surprised what a great film.

Much better than "King of monsters".

SPOILERS

GHIDORAH obviously TOOK OVER Mecha-Gogira and was on his own agenda. I was expecting it to MORPH into MECHA-GHIDORAH and at the end fly off into space until the NEXT Encounter.

JIA (the young girl) In my opinion was a substitute for the "COSMOS" aka the twin Faries, who are associated with Mothra. I got that VIBE from her and also expected an appearance from the moth!

The real winner in this?

Why TOHO of course!!! BWAHAHHAHA!!! Ka-CHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              END SPOILERS, Will see this in Cinema again, since I dont have HBo and all that crap.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                                Often invisible
                                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TrekStar
                                I agree with this, fight scenes and special effects good, story line so-so and for me personally, a bit difficult to follow at times.
                                I expected it to be crappy, so... it met expectations. The story was dumb, but it made some kind of sense. WW84 didn’t even do that much.
                                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎