• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Godzilla vs Kong

Godzilla vs Kong poster.jpg

So this week we get to watch Godzilla vs. Kong, but the big decision is are you going to watch it at the theater or at home?

We are going to watch it at home. I have to go to the doctor in the morning so when we get home were going to the movie room turn off the phones/computers and watch the movie with popcorn, candy and drinks.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by monitor_ep
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30338[/ATTACH]

but the big decision is are you going to watch it at the theater or at home? ….
    HOME for sure --- even if I have to wait a little

No movie is worth risking your family's health

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Yeah, I’m not going to a movie theater during these times either, especially to be around some people who refuse to wear masks in public. Having said that, if everyone at the theater follows the rules, then cool, go for it, and enjoy the movies.

I’m vaccinated, just took the one and done Johnson and Johnson, but still need 30 days before the vaccination is at its most effective stage.

I’m still going to be respectful and wear a mask, until this pandemic is history.

I don’t do it for me, I do it for others, like elderly folks and people with existing medical conditions.

That’s what a lot of people don’t seem to understand. It’s not about freedom, it’s about caring about other human beings.

But for the majority of people doing the right thing, sure, venture outside and enjoy yourselves. I will too eventually.

Ok, rant over, let’s enjoy the movies at home...

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
        Yeah, I’m not going to a movie theater during these times either, especially to be around some people who refuse to wear masks in public. Having said that, if everyone at the theater follows the rules, then cool, go for it, and enjoy the movies.

I’m vaccinated, just took the one and done Johnson and Johnson, but still need 30 days before the vaccination is at its most effective stage.

I’m still going to be respectful and wear a mask, until this pandemic is history.

I don’t do it for me, I do it for others, like elderly folks and people with existing medical conditions.

That’s what a lot of people don’t seem to understand. It’s not about freedom, it’s about caring about other human beings.

But for the majority of people doing the right thing, sure, venture outside and enjoy yourselves. I will too eventually.

Ok, rant over, let’s enjoy the movies at home...

Hec,

Man you are SOOOOO on the mark

Wish I could find a clapping icon

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Since I have HBO Max and a great home theater I was going to plan on watching this at home. We were going to go to the theater early in the morning to watch Raya the last dragon but it was closed for two weeks for spring break, they just opened back up?!!?
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

I'd prefer to see this is the theater, but with the circumstances as they are it's not going to happen. My home theater is fine, but I really miss being in a theater and not looking at my phone and being distracted.

AMC theaters were offering an option to rent a theater, and in October I almost did that for a Halloween movie. I think you could invite 25 friends to go and it was reasonable, but my wife shot that down, still wasn't comfortable.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Well we just finished watching Godzilla vs Kong and yes it was a great way to end the Monsterverse series if they want to. I would like to see more movies since the Monsterverse now includes the Hollow Earth. Leaves room to include Rodan & Mothra again.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

I thought it was great.
                  Sure, there are a few plot contrivances, but luckily the obligatory human-story aspect never becomes too annoying.
                  It was cool to see quite a lot of the Hollow Earth.
                  And the battle scenes are amazing. Absolute carnage ramped up to maximum!
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Seen it two times now. The first viewing, I watched the whole thing without fast-forwarding. The second viewing, I skipped all the human scenes except for the little deaf girl, and just watched the big boys rumble.

Great popcorn movie, oh, correction, great homemade popcorn movie, as mine had real melted sea salt/olive oil butter, none of that nasty cheap butter-flavored oil...with a touch of Tapatio hot sauce...and non-watery Diet Pepper...

Oh, and no annoying noisy humans around me...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
                      I really miss being in a theater and not looking at my phone and being distracted.
                      Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy movie theaters, always have, always will. And will eventually go in the future after the pandemic dies down.

But...

You still look at your phone?

I relish the fact that I gladly ignore that bloody thing. I won’t even glance at it. The only time I’d pick it up if it’s an emergency call from a loved one...the rest will have to leave a voicemail, and I’ll get back to them when the movie is over, lol.
                      Last edited by Hector; Mar 31, '21, 6:27 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

So good to hear people giving this good reviews. Saturday we are going to pull a marathon:
                        Godzilla
                        Kong Skull Island
                        Godzilla King Of Monsters
                        Godzilla vs Kong
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

i just finished it. definitely a good popcorn flick. a little silly at times, especially the human story lines. i don't remember the hollow earth stuff from the old movies, was that in there? been decades since I watched any of those

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

Just watched it. It’s fun with some really eye popping visuals. There is one exceedingly unnecessary storyline involving 3 characters who pretty much accomplish nothing. Still, overall it provided the spectacle it needed to.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Goblin19
                              There is one exceedingly unnecessary storyline involving 3 characters who pretty much accomplish nothing.
                              *****SPOILERS*****

Actually the chubby kid does pour alcohol into the control console causing Mechagodzilla to temporarily halt and give Godzilla and Kong enough of a pause to strike back. But the other two, which includes Millie Bobby Brown, yes, completely useless characters.

******END OF SPOILERS*****
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎