• Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

The Flash speeds his way home!

CD6D8AC1-44A5-4630-B2EE-1D0A5D01AB9C.jpg

2247F9A5-ED34-4A79-B60C-E40C2D4A8CDB.jpg

I love this one!! Great colors, great head sculpt, great design. While there have been nits I have picked at Mattel's and FTC's versions of the Fastest Man Alive, this one checks all the boxes for me. This is the Mego Flash I always wanted!
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Cool! Are the graphics printed on?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

The fabric itself is a great shade of red and to my eye it looks like the symbol and lighting motif are separate and heat sealed onto the fabric, rather than the whole thing being screen printed like Superman and Batman were.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Nice! That sounds like an awesome idea for the Flash too. Can't wait to get one of of these in hand. Thanks for the preview!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

It's very vivid--I like everything about it except the "Batman" eyes.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

If I remember correctly, Mego's license is technically for the Justice League animated show, so this figure is an adaptation of his look in the show. I'm not sure where I read this so if I'm incorrect maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Interesting. If true, that does not bode well for a potential Aquaman figure.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                Radioactive!
                • Feb 13, 2010

If I had to guess, I'd say it will be long-haired, bearded, shirtless, and hook-handed.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

It depends on how the contract had it worded either DC Animated Universe or Justice League Unlimited which includes more characters than most people can name both good and bad.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                    If I had to guess, I'd say it will be long-haired, bearded, shirtless, and hook-handed.
                    Ye gods, no. Anathema.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                      Radioactive!
                      • Feb 13, 2010

On the other hand, if the license is broad enough there could be a very classic Aquaman derived from his appearance on the animated Superman show. A great Aquaman is at the top of my wishlist for this line.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                        If I remember correctly, Mego's license is technically for the Justice League animated show, so this figure is an adaptation of his look in the show. I'm not sure where I read this so if I'm incorrect maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.
                        Justice League style was an in-house design decision, not part of the license. Riddler couldn’t use the silver age design if it was part of the license.
                        Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Mar 30, '21, 8:23 AM.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                          Radioactive!
                          • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the clarification! I love what Mego is doing and hope to see many more DC characters to come.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Head looks a lot like the 12 inch Hasbro JLA figure from Kaybee toys
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

^ It should, it’s the same character. It’s a new sculpt tho.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎