• Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Ape Feet

th.jpgff1c6940c154b0cbaacf32cb315584a2.jpg

New Mego Wolfman.jpg
    I may be getting overly picking about the new POTA figures, but since they had these feet why not use them?
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Mar 31, '21, 2:11 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
      While I don't mind the variation in clothing color, the hands just look wrong-Why use a Gorilla colored body for a Chimp?
      Economy.

We're a long way from Lugosi Dracula.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

If I'm reading you correctly, you're saying just paint the dark hands tan to match the head and leave the dark hair on his hands intact? Wouldn't it have been just as easy to paint the fur on his hands brown if they had used tan for the body color?
        Actually, the way I see it, Mego got it wrong the first time around. Since Apes are mostly furry, the body should come as close to matching the color of the fur painted on the head as possible, as it does in nature and as portrayed in the movies (steam room scene, and when Zira raises her sleeve, etc.).

The hands could go either way as pads/digits are generally the same color as the face and the backside of the paws are generally covered in fur. It would be great if they were painted accordingly, but I understand the price point sacrifices.

The reason I like the new bodies, is that it will make customizing more fun: Short sleeves, open collars, v-necks, shorts, etc..

If they did that, that'd be getting into ultra detailed figure territory and they'd start charging us a premium for it.
        I see it differently. The price of a square yard of faux fur is about twice the cost of a square yard of double knit textured material, and I don't see it taking any more effort to affix fur on the outside of a cuff, than it would to affix fabric to the inside of a cuff. Texturing the bodies like the hands are textured, now that would raise the detail factor, but would be totally awesome for customs!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Flocked ape bodies! Just saying...

Comment

• SWCWorld
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 10, 2011

On the Mego Ambassador's FB page, Paul mentioned that the next iteration of Cornelius will have tan hands/body with painted detail hands (fur). They picked the dark hands/body to match the fur color of the head, just like the new Dr. Zaius, according to Paul.

Comment

• THE FALCON
              Career Member
              • Jan 2, 2011

The suttle differences are enough for me to want to try and get an Original.

Comment

• SWCWorld
                Museum Patron
                • Aug 10, 2011

I have all 10 original Apes figures, purchased brand new back in the day, along with the Forbidden Zone playset and Village playset. Looking forward to the new apes. Hoping that Ursus will be really nice and not just a repaint of the existing vintage Urko head. Also wondering which Caesar we'll get (Conquest or Battle version)?

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Can anyone (resellers, Doc) verify or deny if there's a variation in Corny's outfit?… in comparing web pics, it looks like there maybe olive (more brown) and green versions.

Could just be lighting, but would be cool to know for sure.
                  Last edited by Confessional; Apr 2, '21, 10:27 AM. Reason: …what mysteries may exist?

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Confessional
                    Can anyone (resellers, Doc) verify or deny if there's a variation in Corny's outfit?… in comparing web pics, it looks like there maybe olive (more brown) and green versions.

I have noticed this, and wondered as well.

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                      Actually, the way I see it, Mego got it wrong the first time around. Since Apes are mostly furry, the body should come as close to matching the color of the fur painted on the head as possible, as it does in nature and as portrayed in the movies (steam room scene, and when Zira raises her sleeve, etc.).

The hands could go either way as pads/digits are generally the same color as the face and the backside of the paws are generally covered in fur. It would be great if they were painted accordingly, but I understand the price point sacrifices.

The reason I like the new bodies, is that it will make customizing more fun: Short sleeves, open collars, v-necks, shorts, etc..

I see it differently. The price of a square yard of faux fur is about twice the cost of a square yard of double knit textured material, and I don't see it taking any more effort to affix fur on the outside of a cuff, than it would to affix fabric to the inside of a cuff. Texturing the bodies like the hands are textured, now that would raise the detail factor, but would be totally awesome for customs!

I see your point about the dark bodies, but still wish they had gone tan, but I'm just glad there are APES in the marketplace again-That's the biggest thing...

Regarding the double knit material, you're correct about the pricing and all, I was just being facestious in my earlier post.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

I see your point about the dark bodies, but still wish they had gone tan, but I'm just glad there are APES in the marketplace again-That's the biggest thing...

Regarding the double knit material, you're correct about the pricing and all, I was just being facestious in my earlier post.
                        No worries my friend, bottom line - we all want the same thing...more apes!

Comment

• Riderfan
                          Megos are cool
                          • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by Confessional

Not sure if this helps but I got my new Cornelius today and while its not as bright a green as my childhood Galen its certainly not as brownish looking as in the OP's photos.
                          I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Riderfan
                            Not sure if this helps but I got my new Cornelius today and while its not as bright a green as my childhood Galen its certainly not as brownish looking as in the OP's photos.
                            I've spoken with a few others who got theirs and in sunlight the outfit does read more like a green tone (mine did too). But indoor light makes it shift to brown. Its an odd characteristic because it's not like that on the vintage version.

Comment

• Riderfan
                              Megos are cool
                              • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by MIB41
                              I've spoken with a few others who got theirs and in sunlight the outfit does read more like a green tone (mine did too). But indoor light makes it shift to brown. Its an odd characteristic because it's not like that on the vintage version.
                              I think its probably just cameras & monitors. Simply because while your new one looks more brown than mine, my vintage one is way more green than yours, according to my monitor. I'd bet you money if we could compare all of them side by side we probably couldn't tell who's is whose.

Mind you I haven't checked mine in sunlight yet. But its certainly more of an olive color than the original
                              I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Confessional
                                Maker & Whatnot
                                • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Thanks for the intel on Corny… I have a couple still in transit for comparative analysis.

Zaius landed yesterday and I must profess, I totally dig the rusty-orange body on him and the paint mask on the eyes is the best ever. It's so cool seeing/playing with the lineage from T1 to this contemporary version.
                                Last edited by Confessional; Apr 16, '21, 9:45 AM. Reason: …heed your Ministers of Science!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎