X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

McFarlane Toys Batman 66

Wonder how these will turn out. Definitely out of the companies grim dark comfort zone. Even their main DC line is mostly grim dark Batman Death Metal and Batman who laughs stuff.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

This will definitely be a switch for McFarlane. I can't stand all that "Metal" stuff personally. I do like the standard DC stuff they've done, so fingers crossed they get Batman '66 right.

Lego is also putting out a $30-range 66 Batmobile set with Batman and Joker, and no Robin, which is just weird. But it will be great for folks who didn't pick up the Batcave set. I have that one, but I will get this one too.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I can't stand all that "Metal" stuff personally.
      Same here. I find all that Batman who laughs stuff grotesque.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

What gets me is they could be 6 inch size and listed DC Retro instead of DC Multiverse. So maybe like the Mattel version.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• supes
          For the love of Mego's!
          • Jan 19, 2004

Could be interesting

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

Hopefully it's a retro line not limited to just Batman 66 though I am looking forward to those. I also have no use for all the dark stuff McFarlane does or the comics they're based on.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Same here. I find all that Batman who laughs stuff grotesque.
              Same here. I was really excited when McFarlane first got the DC license, but all the stuff they've put out isn't for me. He's wasting the license IMO.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^The "Metal" stuff is very Spawn-like, so I guess in that way it's a natural for McFarlane. But with Hasbro killing it with Marvel Legends, I would love to see them get the DC license back. Then we'd be getting a variety of modern and classic stuff in various formats...probably including Super Powers reissues.

Chirs
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  But with Hasbro killing it with Marvel Legends, I would love to see them get the DC license back.
                  Totally!! I agree you just know they'd do Super Powers reissues.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^We would probably get Dark Knight Collection/Batman Returns reissues, as well as BTAS. I'm really making myself sad that Hasbro doesn't have either the Spin Master or McFarlane license!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 22, 2011

I have to agree that McFarlane is wasting the DC license just like he did with Star Trek. Maybe this new retro series will change things.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

I have yet to purchase any of the McFarlane DC toys. I will wait to see just what the Batman 66 line looks like ant who they release before I cast my vote.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡