X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Jason73
    I have found all of wave one and wave 4, but still haven't seen wave 2 or 3. These are great figures. Thank you for the comparison pictures.
    Waves 2 and 3 still pop up on amazon for retail price. You just have to be lucky to catch them from amazon and not other sellers.

I'm glad people enjoy the comparison pictures.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

^Yes, your comparison pics are great!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I love that you're doing this. It really shows the fidelity to the originals. The MOTU Origins team is doing a great job. I just wish I could find them! I guess I'm going to have to give up finding them at retail.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
          ^Yes, your comparison pics are great!
          Thank you. I really enjoy your toy pictures too.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I guess I'm going to have to give up finding them at retail.
          It is more fun picking them up in stores.

I was really looking forward to that and then we all know what happened. I gave up pretty quick on the idea of hunting for them locally and got all of mine on line.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

I have only seen a few here and there beyond wave 1 in stores. I just went ahead and preordered everything from BBTS when they first put them up. I kind of figured they would be very difficult to find in stores.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, it's distressing.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                I have only seen a few here and there beyond wave 1 in stores. I just went ahead and preordered everything from BBTS when they first put them up. I kind of figured they would be very difficult to find in stores.
                It's the damn scalpers. I saw a guy with FOUR flocked Panthors on eBay selling them for $100 each.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

That's sickening.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Ram Man

muoram.JPG

Rammy is now articulated. Before you could only rotate his arms at the shoulders. He still has his action feature but it is activated differently. It's no longer activated with a small button at his foot. You push down on him once and it with click. Push down again and he will spring up. He comes with an additional gripping hand, masked helmet and a double bladed ax you can combing with the other ax. I really like the added paint detail of painting the leather of his belt black. The bracers are now painted. The original ones were decals.
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 16, '21, 4:49 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Clamp Champ vintage vs Origins.

muoclamp.JPG

The changed the way the clamp weapon works. The vintage one you pull back on the button and the blades will spring out and when you release the blades with automatically snap back in. The Origins one, you push down on the button and the blades spring out. The blades do not automatically go back and has to be manually reset. Odd change. The armor is now one piece soft plastic. He comes with an additional head, gripping hand and clamp shaped accessory.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

^Awesome! Never had him as a kid so pretty excited to add him to the collection.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, Clamp Champ and Ninjor were introduced after I left the line, so it would be cool to ad them to my mix of originals. They look really nice, and Ram Man looks MUCH better, even though I love that goofy original.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I should have Clamp Champ shortly. He was probably my favorite later Heroic figure.

I'm a little disappointed his cuirass isn't darker, but I understand the palette of the new figures. I like his extra weapon.

What determines deluxe releases--will Kobra Khan, Mekaneck, & Webstor etc. be deluxe?
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 16, '21, 4:25 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

And nice upgrades to Ram-Man.

Super 7 did a variant orange and brown version that I thought was so appealing.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

What determines deluxe releases--will Kobra Khan, Mekaneck, & Webstor etc. be deluxe?
                                I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. It's not just action features. Roboto wasn't deluxe and Webstor isn't either. But Mosquitor will be. I'm guessing they decide figure to figure judging which ones would benefit the most on being upgraded to deluxe.

BA He-Man and Skeletor make sense because they were able to give us bonus vintage style heads with them. Ram Man is a heavy bulky figure requiring all new tooling and Clamp Champ has an oversized accessory. So they make sense too.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎