• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

MOTU Origins comparison pics series 4

Hordak vintage vs Origins.

Origins Hordak has a much nicer fully sculpted cape. The vintage cape is the same material as Kenner SW capes. The origins armor is one piece that clips at the sides. The vintage armor is two piece hard plastic. Imp is a major improvement. it's made out of soft plastic vs the brittle hard plastic of the vintage figure. The vintage Imp shield is very prone to breaking the little thin strap that wraps shield around Hordak's arm.

muohordak1.JPG

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

"Don't be such an ol' grump Hordakins. "

"Stop dancing with my troopers!!"

muohordak2.JPG

Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 28, '21, 10:25 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Stratos vintage, commemorative and Origins.

muostratos.JPG

Stratos can finally stand up straight, huzzah! Oddly the Origins Stratos is based on the reversed color variant.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 28, '21, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Tri-Klops vintage, commemorative and Origins.

muotriklops.JPG

I'm really liking the new head sculpt.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

These look great. I am really fighting going all in on this line, just for space issues.

I wonder if any of our local stores will ever see these. Nothing but He-Man and Skeletors for miles and miles. I hope Mattel isn't killing another MOTU line in the same fashion.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            . Nothing but He-Man and Skeletors for miles and miles. I hope Mattel isn't killing another MOTU line in the same fashion.
            From what I've read it varies from area to area. Some stores have nothing, some just He-Man and Skeletor and others have the newest waves. Target overall seems to the best at stocking them.

They really are terrific figures. If you are a MOTU fan I highly recommend them. They are worth the hassle hunting down. I've gotten all of mine online from amazon and Target.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I got He-Man, Skeletor and Battle Cat for Christmas and I love them. So very tempting to dive all the way in.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Are the second series deluxe figures out yet?
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Are the second series deluxe figures out yet?
                  Yes, Ram Man and Clamp Champ are out.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Uh-oh lol.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I miss the grey shading on Hordak's face.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        I miss the grey shading on Hordak's face.
                        I would have preferred they left it all white like the cartoon. Which they actually do in the included new mini comic. Go figure.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Ninjor vintage vs Origins.

mouninjor.JPG

A terrific looking update of a popular and desirable last wave MOTU figure. In my opinion, Mattel never really jumped the shark with the original MOTU line and released top notch figures right up to the end.

Origins Ninjor has some nice improvements over the vintage figure. Including weapons storage and a gripping left hand. I usually really like fabric accessories, like capes and skirts, but I think this works better for the character. The soft rubber vest is removable and has some really nice texturing. His nunchucks does have a real chain but it is made of plastic links instead of metal.
                          Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 31, '21, 6:11 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I never liked the original for several reasons--the new version is quite an improvement. But I still prefer Jitsu.

Comment

• Jason73
                              Correctamundo!
                              • Jan 11, 2009

I have found all of wave one and wave 4, but still haven't seen wave 2 or 3. These are great figures. Thank you for the comparison pictures.
                              Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎