X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

HBO Max Aquaman TAS

Found out about that HBO Max is now showing the Filmation Aquaman series. The fact that they went the extra mile and cleaned up the series is great.
    2021-03-28.jpg

I still love this series, the fact that they included Aquaman villains makes it better. I mean it has
    Aquaman
    Aqualad
    Mera
    Black Manta
    Torpedo Man
    Fisherman
    The Magneto
    The Claw
    Oceanus
    Fire Troll

Bonus this show also include the JLA solo adventures in between Aquaman cartoons!!
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Mar 28, '21, 5:54 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

I’ll check it out. I’ve only seen it once or twice and always wanted to see it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

As a child, I adored this show. Still do. I have the DVD.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

This show made me want Megos of some characters, like Torpedo Man. The version of Black Manta is well-designed, too.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          As a child, I adored this show. Still do. I have the DVD.
          One of my favorites as a kid too. I would always play Aquaman in the pool or at the beach.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I remember enjoying this cartoon, as I did with Tarzan and Batman, but at the moment I only have the Star Trek (TAS) on dvd.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

The 60s DC Filmation cartoons were not syndicated in my area, so the first time I got to see them was on the Super Powers VHS cassettes that were advertised in DC Comics in 1984. A local rental store had them, and I have to say, Aquaman was my favorite, simply because I had never seen a dedicated Aquaman show before, and I felt it really captured the Nick Cardy era comics I had read reprinted in the DC Digests. Other than Mera not being identified as Arthur's wife, it is a pretty faithful adaptation, and just a lot of fun.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

So much fun. That show, premiering around the time I was born, was my first exposure to the character. Marvin Miller's voice work, much like Stan Jone's SF Luthor, is still
                the voice I hear as I read Aquaman comics. The Filmation 'toons were syndicated locally for years when Super Friends appeared.

I recall wanting a Mego-scale seahorse so badly...

Comment

• rayray
                  • May 21, 2013

Omg I WAS aqualad when watching this show in the very early 70s, must have been in syndication in New York City then. It is such a trip to watch these on HBO Max now, and yes, the cleaned up visuals are terrific showcases for what Filmation did well.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Tubi has the Superman and Batman stuff. Along with the Filmation stuff,they have the Ruby-Spears Superman and the '77 Batman cartoon.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                      Tubi has the Superman and Batman stuff. Along with the Filmation stuff,they have the Ruby-Spears Superman and the '77 Batman cartoon.
                      I was surprised at all of the Saturday Morning stuff available on Tubi. I hadn't seen "The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show" since I was three or four years old and got a kick out of playing through some of the episodes.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎