Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I loved this movie. Rat Catcher 2 is the heart of this movie, i want this DCU. It's like Roger Corman took over.

Also, this is the best song ever.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      And of course,everyone is going on about how this is a bomb.
      Its crazy they consider it a bomb when it made 4 million less than expected after a media outrage over the Delta variant and it was also free to watch on HBO Max lol

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

Would anyone else like to see Gunn try to do a movie of Suicide Squad vs The Secret Six?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Finally got to watch it on HBOMax with the wife and 19 year old son. We all loved it! Even Cindy who is squeamish about ultra-violence in films. Just a great movie, and I honestly can't argue with that "Best DC film since Dark Knight" designation. Agree that Ratcatcher was the heart of the flm, and I want to see Idris Elba go up against Henry Cavill's Superman! Loved his character as well.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            …and I want to see Idris Elba go up against Henry Cavill's Superman! Loved his character as well.
            No. No. No. One more time…a resounding NO!!!

I did love Idris Elba/Bloodsport. Aside from him being a great actor, he was a compelling character. He made a great leader.

Having said that…

Didn’t we already have a human beat Superman with Kryptonite before?

Let me see. Mmm, trying to remember here. Oh, I just remember…

Ah, yes, Batman, lol. Batman V Superman is the movie, if I remember correctly.

So why rehash the very same thing all over again?

We all know kryptonite gets Superman.

And why in the heck does DC keep pooping on Superman? He gets schooled in Batman V Superman. He gets schooled in the Supergirl TV show. Now getting school by B-level Bloodsport character in a movie?

Why???

I’m getting so sick and tired of DC crapping on the Man of Steel time after time again. Him and Batman are the face of DC for Christ’s sakes.

Superman needs to be respected. He started the whole modern superhero genre.

It’s time to give him that respect back. Damn it, I want Man of Steel 2.

Grant Henry Cavill a proper Superman movie. One for the ages.

Rant over…

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Rant justified. I mean, it's not as if Bloodsport is Capt. Marvel.

(Sorry, I'm incorrigible.)
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Rant justified. I mean, it's not as if Bloodsport is Capt. Marvel.

(Sorry, I'm incorrigible.)
                Thank you!

Superman is being treated like a sparring partner, not as undisputed world heavyweight champion of the world, as he should be.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

When I saw the last Suicide Squad trailer, I almost decided not to watch the movie. When Viola Davis’ Amanda says, “He sent Superman to the ICU with a kryptonite bullet”, I rolled up my eyes, and said to myself, oh man, not this crap again, lol…
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                    When I saw the last Suicide Squad trailer, I almost decided not to watch the movie. When Viola Davis’ Amanda says, “He sent Superman to the ICU with a kryptonite bullet”, I rolled up my eyes, and said to myself, oh man, not this crap again, lol…
                    Well the whole kryptonite bullet bit is straight from Byrne's Superman run, furnished by Lex Luthor.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

No. No. No. One more time…a resounding NO!!!

I did love Idris Elba/Bloodsport. Aside from him being a great actor, he was a compelling character. He made a great leader.

Having said that…

Didn’t we already have a human beat Superman with Kryptonite before?

Let me see. Mmm, trying to remember here. Oh, I just remember…

Ah, yes, Batman, lol. Batman V Superman is the movie, if I remember correctly.

So why rehash the very same thing all over again?

We all know kryptonite gets Superman.

And why in the heck does DC keep pooping on Superman? He gets schooled in Batman V Superman. He gets schooled in the Supergirl TV show. Now getting school by B-level Bloodsport character in a movie?

Why???

I’m getting so sick and tired of DC crapping on the Man of Steel time after time again. Him and Batman are the face of DC for Christ’s sakes.

Superman needs to be respected. He started the whole modern superhero genre.

It’s time to give him that respect back. Damn it, I want Man of Steel 2.

Grant Henry Cavill a proper Superman movie. One for the ages.

Rant over…
                      I was just suggesting it would give DC/WB an established, well-developed, well-acted antagonist for Superman to go up against that WASN'T Zod or Luthor...especially the DCEU's crap version of Luthor.

The star power of Cavill vs. Elba would put butts in seats...be they movie theater seats or couch seats.

I don't want Superman to be a victim in the film either. But SOMEONE apprehended Bloodsport, so why couldn't it be Superman?

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Finally got to watch it on HBOMax with the wife and 19 year old son. We all loved it! Even Cindy who is squeamish about ultra-violence in films. Just a great movie, and I honestly can't argue with that "Best DC film since Dark Knight" designation. Agree that Ratcatcher was the heart of the flm, and I want to see Idris Elba go up against Henry Cavill's Superman! Loved his character as well.

Chris
                        I liked it but the wife, who is not really squeamish, thought it was gross! Definitely better than the first one.

And yes, the charisma if Elba and Cavill would combine for a great movie. (sorry, Hector ) Though, I do think Bloodsport is discovering his inner good guy and might have to team up with Supes. Ratcatcher II was my favorite thing about the movie which really surprised me, given how silly I thought the character would be. Gunn has said she is the heart of the film and I definitely felt that. Harley was pushed to side at times and I was fine with that. Both her reactions to the new President were wonderfully Harley. I also really enjoyed Polka Dot Man and his mother.

I know it's being overdone, but I can't help making comparisons to Guardians. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, there are plenty of differences but it's hard not to compare two Gunn-helmed films about a group of C-level characters redeeming themselves. I think it's easier to care about and laugh along with characters trying to be good that are basically good inside vs characters being good that are actually bad or amoral at best inside. I'm really rooting for a better DCEU and, while Marvel is still coming out ahead, this was another good step for DC away from misdirected earlier efforts.
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Aw man Hector is not going to like this:

During an appearance on the podcast “Script Apart,” Gunn admitted that in his early visions of “The Suicide Squad,” he thought about making Superman the antagonist of the film. But then he remembered how Starro had terrified him as a child.

“He’s a character I love from the comics. I think he’s a perfect comic book character because he’s absolutely ludicrous but he’s also very scary in his own way,” Gunn said. “What he does is scary. He used to scare the crap out of me when I was a child, putting those face-huggers on Superman and Batman and stuff. So I thought he was one of the major, major DC villains that was probably never going to be put into another movie. And if they did, they would do it like, the black cloud version of Starro. Not a giant walking starfish, a kaiju that is bright pink and cerulean blue, just ridiculously big, bright bad guy.”

That said, part of the decision to scrap the Kryptonian was also just a matter of convenience.

“At the time, there was a lot of questions about, ‘Who is Superman in the DCEU? Is this movie outside the DCEU?,’ and all that stuff that I didn’t really want to deal with that much,” Gunn noted. “I just wanted to tell a good story.”

Indeed, that story has been well-received by fans and critics alike. As of this writing, “The Suicide Squad” sits at a 91% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with an audience score of 83%. Still, the movie did open below box office expectations, with a $26.5 million debut in North American theaters.

Of course, Superman still did get a nod in the film. In fact, he was a spot of controversy when the early trailers dropped, revealing that Bloodsport (Idris Elba) was in prison because he put Superman in the ICU using a Kryptonite bullet.

Read original story James Gunn Reveals Superman Was Almost the Villain in ‘The Suicide Squad’ At TheWrap YAHOO NEWS
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

I finally was able to catch this. I liked it, but didn't love it. Story wise it was good although a little light in some areas. A few parts seemed a little rushed, a few other parts seemed to drag a little to me.

I wish King Shark had more stuff to do, and would have loved to have seen the Thinker doing more as well as I really like Capaldi a lot. He seemed like he was just opening doors for the Suicide Squad mostly.
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

It really dipped south this weekend coming in at number five box office( free guy was of course number one). It was a good movie, just hope this isn't a sign moviegoers are weary of comic book films right now.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

One of the problems is its free if you have HBO Max so why go the theater.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎