X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I was just suggesting it would give DC/WB an established, well-developed, well-acted antagonist for Superman to go up against that WASN'T Zod or Luthor...especially the DCEU's crap version of Luthor.

The star power of Cavill vs. Elba would put butts in seats...be they movie theater seats or couch seats.

I don't want Superman to be a victim in the film either. But SOMEONE apprehended Bloodsport, so why couldn't it be Superman?

Chris
    I still respectfully say….NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

And you know who will apprehend Bloodsport? It’s going to be bloody Batman…

That’s how DC treats the Man of Steel.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
      Career Member
      • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
      Grant Henry Cavill a proper Superman movie. One for the ages.:
      Yes. He’s a great Superman in some bad movies. Why not buck the trend and give us an optimistic Superman movie for once. Lord knows the world could use that.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        Aw man Hector is not going to like this:
        I know officially hate Gunn.

Why in the HELL would he even think for one nano-second to make Superman the ANTAGONIST? Against a bunch of criminals?

Is he nuts?

I mean…WHY???

See, the continuing practice of trying to make Superman a friggin sorry arse punching bag. It drives me insane.

They continue with this, I’m dropping my unconditional love for DC…and will come out as the worlds biggest Marvel fan.

I swear. I will do so…

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by YoungOnce
          Yes. He’s a great Superman in some bad movies. Why not buck the trend and give us an optimistic Superman movie for once. Lord knows the world could use that.
          Man of Steel is not a bad movie…it’s one of my all time favorite superhero movies. I mean, it was not at first. Yes, it has its faults. But I think it has aged well. And well, I love it now. IMO, the action scenes are unmatched. They are super fast and brutal. Marvel has never shown this type of action. Take Thor Ragnarok for example, specifically the fight scene on the bridge. Led Zep playing the Immigrant song is awesome, but the actual fighting was sort of slow and lame, nothing like the hectic movements of the Man of Steel movie, not even close.
          Last edited by Hector; Aug 16, '21, 11:49 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

I just think it is a misuse of the character if you take away the optimism of Superman. That’s why the Chris Reeves movie worked so well, IMO.

And it’s not like how young folks say, “oh that was a different time.” The 70’s had their problems too with civic unrest, inflation, gas lines, coming off of a divisive war, and the gritty movies that were so predominant. If a boy-scout Superman could work then, it could work now. Heck, it was the same deal with Captain America (whose very premise for existence is way more problematic for some), but they made that work. Superman should be the light; Batman is fine lurking in the dark… let the contrast work for you and stop fighting it.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 23, 2008

I just think it is a misuse of the character if you take away the optimism of Superman. That’s why the Chris Reeves movie worked so well, IMO.

And it’s not like how young folks say, “oh that was a different time.” The 70’s had their problems too with civic unrest, inflation, gas lines, coming off of a divisive war, and the gritty movies that were so predominant. If a boy-scout Superman could work then, it could work now. Heck, it was the same deal with Captain America (whose very premise for existence is way more problematic for some), but they made that work. Superman should be the light; Batman is fine lurking in the dark… let the contrast work for you and stop fighting it.
              This reminds me of the difference in how Weadon did WW and how the Snyder Cut had her. It really changes the whole dynamic of the movie with the tone the character has.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

The problem are the damn young people these days. The internet has turned them all to cynical pricks…

sigpic

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                  The problem are the damn young people these days. The internet has turned them all to cynical pricks…

Its why we have so many "anti-hero" movies... lol

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

I think the secret six like Cat Man and Rag Doll would be cool in suicide squad under Gunn

Comment

• Klosterheim
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 23, 2013

It's fun reading this thread.

It sounds like the movie turned out pretty well, for the most part.

Seems like it is worth checking the movie out sometime.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                        One of the problems is its free if you have HBO Max so why go the theater.
                        Its not really free, you have to pay for HBO Max
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                          I think the secret six like Cat Man and Rag Doll would be cool in suicide squad under Gunn
                          Yes I was saying this before the rumors even came out. I think Suicide Squad vs Secret Six could be a fun bloodbath and interesting storyline. Especially if they use the "get out of hell free" card.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎