X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Future Waves - Monsters.....

Does anyone know which figures are definitely in the pipeline with regards to the classic Universal Monsters and the Hammer Horror licence.

Given the recent release of the Peter Cushing head sculp, hopefully that means a Baron Frankenstein/Victor Frankenstein. But what else is planned for release?

In addition to the Universal/Hammer Monsters it would be great to see a Mego Jack Pierce, the Hollywood make-up artist best remembered for creating the iconic makeup worn by Boris Karloff in Frankenstein (1931), along with various other classic monster make-ups for Universal Studios.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Coming down the line under the Universe Monsters:
    The Mummy. At the left is the prototype to the NuMego on the right is the EMCE Mummy.
    ExX8wRQXMAIXdwg.jpgEMCE Mummy.jpg

That will make
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Bride Of Frankenstein
    Wolfman

Already released
    Bela Lugosi Dracula
    The Fly
    Creature From The Black Lagoon
    Invisible Man
    Phantom Of The Opera

Need or want to come out under Universal Monsters:
    Dr. Jekyll & Mr Hyde
    Hunchback
    The Creature Walks Among Us
    Son & Daughter of Dracula
    Werewolf of London
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Mar 26, '21, 8:24 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Need a proper Universal Invisible Man and a Mole Man. Hammer's got the Reptile and Van Helsing confirmed
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Jetjungle75
        Career Member
        • Jan 11, 2013

Would be great to see a Bela Lugosi Igor, from The Son/Ghost of Frankenstein.
        What about Krogh, as played by the wonderful Lionel Atwill, with the wooden arm!
        The Retile should be good.
        Hoping we also get from the Hammer licence the Christopher Lee version of The Mummy, and Oliver Reed as The Werewolf.
        Exciting times!!!!

Comment

• Jetjungle75
          Career Member
          • Jan 11, 2013

Re The Universal Mummy, as seen above. Difficult to tell from the prototype, as unpainted, but is it the same as the EMCE one, as pictured on the right? Both are obviously Boris Karloff. Looks to be slightly different. I note that the Mego Wolf Man, used the same EMCE head sculp.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Jetjungle75
            Re The Universal Mummy, as seen above. Difficult to tell from the prototype, as unpainted, but is it the same as the EMCE one, as pictured on the right? Both are obviously Boris Karloff. Looks to be slightly different. I note that the Mego Wolf Man, used the same EMCE head sculp.
            They look totally different.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              They look totally different.
              I'm not sure--couldn't one have softer detailing from being molded and painted?

Also, how is the "prototype" different from the Old Man head Doc offers? (I've always thought that was a cast of the Sideshow Mummy head?)
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 27, '21, 6:12 AM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Hammer's got the Reptile...confirmed
                Excellent!
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• THE FALCON
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 2, 2011

I got the urge to watch some Hammer films. But no clue where to find them. Can’t wait for a Cushing figure.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I'm not sure--couldn't one have softer detailing from being molded and painted?

Also, how is the "prototype" different from the Old Man head Doc offers? (I've always thought that was a cast of the Sideshow Mummy head?)
                    The chin looks longer to me.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I see what you mean, even with bandages hiding the neck.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
                        • Jul 20, 2020

A March Hyde is one figure I'm dying for them to make, although I don't know who owns the rights to the film, and I suspect they'd go the Diamond Select route and just do the Abbot & Costello version. They could also do a Carradine Dracula, but that'd be easy to make ourselves with the head from Escape Hatch. Three characters that need some love are Dracula's Daughter, Rondo Hatton and The Mole Man, since those haven't had 8 inch figures yet.

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

I would love to see an official Dracula's Daughter figure.

Dan's
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes! I cannot believe that character hasn't yet been produced.

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              ^Yes! I cannot believe that character hasn't yet been produced.
                              Yaaasss! Oh, and a Bela Lugosi-Ygor, I want one of him too. Ygor was such a great character.

Dana
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎