X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: 12" Robin

Vintage Mego takes a look at one of my favourite figures from my childhood, the Mego 12″ Robin. A figure that had many iterations worldwide, we talk about all the worldwide variations and chart its history.   Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine Here: http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/ Our Facebook Group MegoMania: https://www.facebook.com/groups/megomania/ MegoMuseum Forums: http://megomuseum.com/community/forum.php

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

One of your best, and perhaps my favorite of your videos! I coveted a 12" Magenetic Batman and Robin for years. I finally got a beater set when I was in college, thanks to my Mom. I've since gotten a nice magnetic Batman, and the non-Magnetic 12" Robin. The 9 1/2 Robin eluded me for a long time too, and I still need his shoes, belt and gloves, but he's a great figure! Love both the older Robin headsculpts.

Great video!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

I was in 8th grade maybe? when I went to a comic store that I just started going to a year earlier and he had the Parkdale Batman and Robin new in the box, $12.50 each. He also had Giant-sized X-Men #1 for $50 and I had just gotten into the X-Men after reading the Wolverine Mini-series.

I had to pick between the two and my Mom would not understand me paying $50 for a single comic book, so I opted for the 12" and 9.5" Batman and Robin (which I still have, albeit, not mint-in-box anymore!). I'm still not mad at that choice I made, even though we know what happened with the value of Giant-Sized X-Men #1. That Robin is such a great figure! I wish FTC repro-ed those and the Parkdale Superman, which is the one that eludes me. I had the movie 12" Superman as a kid... blah!

Comment

• Slawsb
        • Oct 7, 2020

Robin

Originally posted by TRDouble
        I was in 8th grade maybe? when I went to a comic store that I just started going to a year earlier and he had the Parkdale Batman and Robin new in the box, $12.50 each. He also had Giant-sized X-Men #1 for $50 and I had just gotten into the X-Men after reading the Wolverine Mini-series.

I had to pick between the two and my Mom would not understand me paying $50 for a single comic book, so I opted for the 12" and 9.5" Batman and Robin (which I still have, albeit, not mint-in-box anymore!). I'm still not mad at that choice I made, even though we know what happened with the value of Giant-Sized X-Men #1. That Robin is such a great figure! I wish FTC repro-ed those and the Parkdale Superman, which is the one that eludes me. I had the movie 12" Superman as a kid... blah!
        Well now that FTC has scaled down the Lynda Carter 12" figures to 8" it's probably only a matter of time before we see 8" magnetic Batman and Robin

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Slawsb
          Well now that FTC has scaled down the Lynda Carter 12" figures to 8" it's probably only a matter of time before we see 8" magnetic Batman and Robin
          I would definitely be in for that.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'd always hoped that FTC would reproduce the 9" Robin head in a smaller scale for their Teen Titan Robin. But instead...alack.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎