• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

R.I.P. Jessica Walters

Another great comedian has passed...

She always stole the show as Malory Archer. I will truly miss hearing her.

Loved her in "Play Misty For Me" as well...
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

And she was also the nefarious; MORGAN LE FEY in DR. STRANGE (1978) with Peter Hooten as the doc.

rip.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Besides "Play Misty For Me" she was a veteran of the NBC Mystery Movie wheel shows including Columbo (Mind Over Mayhem) --- Banacek (Two Million Clams for Cap'N Jack) --- McCloud (Park Avenue Pirates) --- McMillan (All Bets Off) --- Quincy M.E. (Images)

She was a good ---- REALLY good

RIP

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Mikey
        Besides "Play Misty For Me" she was a veteran of the NBC Mystery Movie wheel shows including Columbo (Mind Over Mayhem) --- Banacek (Two Million Clams for Cap'N Jack) --- McCloud (Park Avenue Pirates) --- McMillan (All Bets Off) --- Quincy M.E. (Images)

She was a good ---- REALLY good

RIP
        I just watched two million clams for Cap'N Jack I think I sa All bets off recently too.

Either way, thank you for the hours of entertainment you brought us Jessica RIP.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Arrested Development and so much more. RIP.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Arrested Development
            That's where I knew her from.
            You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• great_chandel
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2, 2015

She was an excellent actress! I actually liked her in the short-lived comedy "Three's a Crowd." It was a gosh-awful spin-off to "Three's Company." Yet, aside from the late-great John Ritter, she was excellent alongside Robert Mandan in the show!

In addition, she was a very gracious through-the-mail signer. I got her autograph several years ago..........

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                Career Member
                • Jul 30, 2012

I wonder how her passing will be acknowledged on Archer which has been renewed for a 12th season. How will Sterling Archer handle this? Rest in peace, Ms Walter. She was awesome.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Oddly enough, her and George Segal were a couple in a short-lived series called "Retired at 35" from 2011-2012. And they passed away within days of each other.

She was also quite good as the older woman who propositions Leonard in return for a university grant on The Big Bang Theory. She was always great in everything. RIP.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody else think she was extremely hot as the psycho babe in Play Misty for Me ?

She's always given kudos for being a great actor --- but she was a very beautiful actress too

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Jessica Walter was in one movie that is one of my favorite called "Flamingo Kid". Her supporting role is a lynchpin of the film in my opinion.
                      She reminds me of a lovably miserable relative in this role. Like a Judge Judy type minus the inherent kindness.
                      Some of you my age must know the movie. It was Garry Marshall's before he did Pretty Woman when he was still kinda immersed more in TV production than films. It starred Matt Dillon.
                      RIP Jessica Walter "Aunt Phyllis/Mrs. Brody"
                      1616798804-image_from_ios_3_.jpg
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎