X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

My Barbie mini haul.

These are the first mainline Barbies I've picked up since Life in the Dreamhouse in 2013. None of the mainline stuff since then has interested me. Too much cost cutting for one. Dreamhouse really seemed like a premium line. Barbie at her best. Great articulation, rooted eyelashes, two high quality fashions, excellent hair, etc. On the bad side, mainline has gotten really budgety since then, in my opinion. Not necessarily less expensive, just cheaper looking and feeling. Simple outfits and not the greatest hair.

On the good side the line has become even more inclusive. That was a smart move. A bit of downside to that though is I think Barbie, as a character, has lost some of her identity in the switch over from Barbie the character to Barbie the brand.

Barbie Fantasy Hair and Barbie Fashionistas 158 Malibu Barbie.

barbiehaul.jpg

No where near Life in Dream House quality but pretty decent. Nice Hair and Retro enough looking for me. Fair articulation. Ball shoulders, no elbows, knees or waist. You know I really miss the old school vinyl legs with click joints.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 23, '21, 8:57 PM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Nice! Cindy hasn't bought much Barbie in the last few years for the very same reasons. She has been buying some of the "Women Who Inspire" series dolls, like Maya Angelou, Susan B. Anthony, Katherine Johnson, etc.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      She has been buying some of the "Women Who Inspire" series dolls, like Maya Angelou, Susan B. Anthony, Katherine Johnson, etc.
      I've seen those the the Black label stuff is still pretty nice.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎