Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego confirms the Hammer Peter Cushing likeness.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Mego confirms the Hammer Peter Cushing likeness.

Mego confirms the Hammer Peter Cushing likeness by posting a hand-painted test shot of a sculpt by Sean Sansom.

Ew8SauJXMAUzojl Cushing 1.jpg
    Ew8SatyXAAc-Wnt Cushing2.jpg
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I like it, though my immediate reaction is that the chin is a little weak. That may be due to the photo angle, or that fact that I'm thinking of Cushing as older/more gaunt.

I think these will sell well and for customs, too. I'm so pleased Mego Corp. is doing more Hammer.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• zeedox
      Career Member
      • Aug 10, 2007

This is great news. What about Colin Clive Ed Sloan and Dwight Frye?

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Awesome beautiful sculpt. Love it.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Exciting stuff.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
            Career Member
            • Jan 11, 2013

I think that it must have been based on Peter Cushing in Revenge of Frankenstein. Great likeness.

20608_1 PETE 1.jpg
            TROF-7.jpg

Comment

• toyhunter1970
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 24, 2020

im confised is the figure coming out a peter cushing a Van helsing or Dr frankenstein ,i thnk christophers lee frankenstein monster would have been the next logical choice of release in the hammer line and I really want Oliver Reed as Wolfman
              Last edited by toyhunter1970; Mar 21, '21, 4:53 PM.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Jetjungle75
                Mego confirms the Hammer Peter Cushing likeness by posting a hand-painted test shot of a sculpt by Sean Sansom.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30213[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]30214[/ATTACH]

Love it! Agree the chin looks week, but otherwise looks damn good. Mego is killing it.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

Ew8SatyXAAc-Wnt Cushing2.jpgEw8SauJXMAUzojl Cushing 1.jpg

ReMego Svegoolie presents Bridaes of Dracula 2b.jpg

well comparing mine from the Space 1999 Peter Cushing head to the Mego Cushing there is a difference in the chin.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I agree about the chin issue, but all in all I’m very excited about this. We definitely needed a Hammer Cushing, so let’s get him out soon and then work on more Hammer Lee monsters, Frankenstein and the Mummy.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 22, 2011

Got to have Ingrid Pitt Carmilla in there too.

Comment

• JamesB.
                        • Dec 15, 2013

Originally posted by Jetjungle75
                        I think that it must have been based on Peter Cushing in Revenge of Frankenstein. Great likeness.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30215[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]30216[/ATTACH]
                        Judging from the hair and sideburns, to me it looks like the sculpt is Cushing's Baron from The Curse of Frankenstein. The follow up, The Revenge of Frankenstein also features Cushing with this particular hairstyle and sideburns, but I think that Mego has chosen Curse, so they can give us an accompanying figure of Christopher Lee as The Creature from the same film. Baron Frankenstein's "monster" in Revenge, Karl (played by Michael Gwynn) is nowhere as iconic or memorable as Lee's Creature.
                        Last edited by JamesB.; Mar 21, '21, 9:56 PM.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 11, 2013

Originally posted by JamesB.
                          Judging from the hair and sideburns, to me it looks like the sculpt is Cushing's Baron from The Curse of Frankenstein. The follow up, The Revenge of Frankenstein also features Cushing with this particular hairstyle and sideburns, but I think that Mego has chosen Curse, so they can give us an accompanying figure of Christopher Lee as The Creature from the same film. Baron Frankenstein's "monster" in Revenge, Karl (played by Michael Gwynn) is nowhere as iconic or memorable as Lee's Creature.
                          Agree, and fingers crossed that we get the iconic Christopher Lee's Frankenstein Monster, as well as his portrayal of the Mummy.

I am also hoping that as well as Dr Frankenstein, they also use the head sculp for Van Hesling, to go with Christopher Lee's Dracula, that we already have.
                          Never been a better time to be a collector of Mego "monsters".
                          Love that they are now releasing the classic Universal Monsters, as well as having recently acquired the Hammer licence. Will be very interesting to see what is in the pipeline, with regards to future "horror" releases.
                          Have been a massive fan of all of these classic horror films for many years, and so pleased that figures from these classic films are now in production.
                          Well done to all concerned, who have made this all possible. I salute you!!!

Comment

• favoritemonsters
                            • Aug 4, 2018

I mentioned the sideburns in another forum as indicative to Baron Frankenstein not Dr. Van Helsing and someone from Mego posted that they will be scaling back the sideburns, so guessing they are doing both characters.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 11, 2013

Originally posted by favoritemonsters
                              I mentioned the sideburns in another forum as indicative to Baron Frankenstein not Dr. Van Helsing and someone from Mego posted that they will be scaling back the sideburns, so guessing they are doing both characters.
                              Fab!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎