X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Universal Frankenstein : Mint Off Card- MegoMuseum

Mint Off Card looks at the latest from Mego Corp in the form of the Universal Monsters Franakenstein figure, the very first 8″ Karloff based Frankenstein since the mid 1970s! It is the best Frankenstein figure of all time? YOU TELL US! I bought this at Entertainment Earth and they sponsor this channel https://www.entertainmentearth.com/s...2202116…

More...
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Perfectly executed Franky figure. Might be the best one ever made.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Wonderful head sculpt. I really appreciate these reviews.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I really like how the Universal Monsters Frankenstein turned out, neck-bolts and heeled boots, he will stand taller in the photos I will have to retake for future airings of Svengoolie. Just needs some touch up paint to really bring it to life.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

Just picked this figure up today at ToyLanta.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Great review! I can't wait to get mine. I love the sculpt, the yellowish-green (which rides the line a bit for those who don't think the Monster should be green) and of course the return of the proper black outfit.

I appreciated the look at Sean Sansom's original clay sculpt as well. Just gorgeous.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Sean did a fantastic sculpt! It’s odd that someone questioned if it was repurposed, I heard someone say the same thing about the Phantom Red Death head that I did. It’s such a weird rumor to start.

When I’m working and you premier a video, I always try to drop whatever I’m doing and watch! Your videos are great!
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Could not agree more with your sentiments Brian. While the AHI Frankenstein hits all the nostalgia buttons, this Frankenstein brings home all of the particulars I always wanted on ANY scale. The head sculpt is just SPOT ON. The heavy eyelids, gaunt face mixed with the insanely perfect skin tone is a real achievement in the Universal Monster catalog of merchandise. Plus removing the Herman Munster color guide on the clothes was a major win. Why any exec ever thought that was screen accurate for the movies needed their own brain replaced. Great video!
                Last edited by MIB41; Mar 23, '21, 7:49 PM.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

Another great review for another great figure!

I think this is the best Frankenstein figure in this scale so far. The sculpt is positively dead on and skin tone is perfectly unsettling, it has a menacing "ick" factor that just really works. Hat's off to Sean Sansom and Mego for raising the bar, yet again.

That said, I still love the first Frankenstein from Wave 2. It looks and feels like an "original" Mego to me, it has that 70's innocence and charm to it that's hard to replicate.

This latest version though, is an excellent horror figure and, IMO, surpasses the quality of NECA figures in this scale. My Sideshow Frankenstein figures are among my most cherished 12" figures of all time, and this new Mego version is right there with them. Just a monstrous example of perfection.

I have bought multiples of this figure, and can hardly wait for the Son of Frankenstein figures to arrive.

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

With all respect to AHI, Sean blew the doors off the jackpot out of the park and any other phrase that says he did an amazing job with this!!
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎