Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Origin of your user/screen name on the MM??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

I’m like Spyweb up above... it was just a thought that jumped into my head at the moment. I found this place many years ago after my cousin called me up and said “hey... what were those Star Trek and super hero figures we used to play with growing up?” An eBay search later, I quickly fell in the deep end.

I come here and it reminds me that I was young once.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
      Career Member
      • May 14, 2007

Shadow Avenger is a combination of the Shadow and the Avenger. He is one of many superheroes that I have created over the years.
      Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

In the early days of the internet, I logged into many places as "Earth 2 Robin", because I love the Earth-Two and the JSA in general, and that version of Dick Grayson in particular. My single favorite comic is Brave and the Bold #182, where E2 Robin teams up with Batman. But when I tried to register here, I goofed up, and I must have semi-registered, and I couldn't use "Earth 2 Robin" anymore, so I just went with "Earth 2 Chris". Less comic savvy folks have assumed its a commentary on me being spacey, as in "Earth to Chris, Earth to Chris, come in".

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
          I couldn't decide on one so I just spelled my name backwards, but a few people have thought it stood for Enya World Domination...LOL
          I resemble that remark!

My current screen name was chosen from a contest here on the museum. I had to give up Azrak(long story) and was using Aviva I believe as a placeholder. Steve Leach came up with EMCE Hammer and I'll probably keep it 'til I croak.

Comment

• rykerw1701
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 27, 2007

My first online appearance was using my company's marketing department's AOL account, which was RyderMktg. I used it in a lot of AOL Star Trek boards. Then when I had to find my own ID, I picked something that looked similar and conveyed my love of Star Trek, so RykerW1701 was born. even though TNG or Riker were never my favorites. That AOL account is long dead, but I've kept the user name alive in various places for 25 years.

Comment

• ToyTalk
              Career Member
              • Mar 25, 2020

During my first marriage there was never anyone I could speak with about my hobby. Collecting is always so much more fun when you have someone to share it with. When I found out about the Mego Museum, I was so excited that I was about to "Talk" about "Toys" with people who loved them as much as I do.
              Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

Godzilla cause...well...Godzilla.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  I resemble that remark!

My current screen name was chosen from a contest here on the museum. I had to give up Azrak(long story) and was using Aviva I believe as a placeholder. Steve Leach came up with EMCE Hammer and I'll probably keep it 'til I croak.
                  And my name suggestion came in second, Sarcastic Lad. Your current name will be with you for a long while...
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Random Axe
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Apr 16, 2008

My handle is a name of an old band of mine.

We did a combo of electric and acoustic gigs. We'd switch between Axe(electric) and Acts(acoustic). As time goes by, I find this less and less clever. Not sure what we were thinking at the time...
                    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

rche is a somewhat phonetic text shortened version of archie, which is a nickname from my surname. It seems fairly evenly divided between folks who have no pronunciation for it, call me Ritchie and call me Archie.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by rche
                        rche is a somewhat phonetic text shortened version of archie, which is a nickname from my surname. It seems fairly evenly divided between folks who have no pronunciation for it, call me Ritchie and call me Archie.
                        I always thought your name was Rich Esomething

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 15, 2012

When I first joined, i wasn’t actively buying toys. My collection was all about “my old toys”. Can I blame the crew here for all the stuff I have bought since?

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 18, 2015

Mine's pretty obvious, I should think. But to elaborate more: I didn't grow up in the 70's, but I did grow up with G.I. Joe. (I had some of the Classic Collection and WWII 50th Anniversary figures.) One day I stumbled across a compilation of vintage toy commercials on YouTube. Amongst those featured where the commercials for "The new G.I. Joe with Kung Fu Grip" which I thought looked really cool and Chuck Norris-esque. I had to have one. Incidentally, I also saw a commercial for Mego's "World's Greatest Super Heroes" which eventually led me to this site, and collecting Megos.
                            The hands that grip.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 22, 2011

The first part of mine is obviously my favorite toys growing up and to collect as an adult and the reason I'm here. The second part is because my wife is Hispanic ( Peruvian ) and speaks Spanish. Just thought the two words sounded good together.

Comment

• Goblin19
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 2, 2002

My wife’s Peruvian, too, but I’m not that clever.

Really enjoying this topic.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎