Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Origin of your user/screen name on the MM??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Actually a nice boxed Goblin was the first Mego I got when I started collecting again. Enjoying this topic too.

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

First name and last name initial. I know, not very creative. But being here when the museum was born it was all I could think of so people knew it was me. I've often thought of changing it.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Peter Cannon:Thunderbolt is the secret origin of my name
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MegoMonk
          Career Member
          • Jan 22, 2007

I thought of mine kind of quickly. Although I use the Ringo Starr avatar, I am also a big Monkees fan. I was thinking of some Monkees name, but settled on MegoMonk. Being a Monk is being part of a religious order, and I think the museum is like a religious order of Mego fans.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

Fun thread!

The Spectre Dark Shadows figures were the figures that rekindled my interest in this format. I had a variety of original figures when I was a kid, and Barnabas Collins was one that I really wanted way back then. So much so, that my first Mego custom was using Scotty dressed in my Azrak Dracula's clothing, that was my Barnabas.

I discovered this site around the same time I heard about those figures (Spring of 2010), but I did not actually register until about a year later. When I did register, there was plenty of Dark Shadows buzz going on (the movie was under way, Spectre wave 2 was being teased, plus I was in the midst of a rewatch of the series, etc.)

And since the user name Barnabas Collins was already in use, I went with Dark Shadow. My first avatar was a copy of "the" portrait, but ended up using the mirrored Gogos image that I have now (I reversed it, because the original is actually a backwards image of Barnabas).

Comment

• knight errant00
              8 Inch Action Figure
              • Nov 15, 2005

I was working on a novel at the time that was based on Arthurian legend and knights, and my very first email address I set up for myself used the Knight Errant 00 moniker, so I thought I'd try to carry that as an ID across my online presence. Using Mego Ivanhoe as an icon/avatar here seemed a no-brainer after that.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                valar morghulis
                • Mar 8, 2005

Star Trek is my favorite Mego line, and I'm also a big Simpsons fan. It amused me to combine the two

Comment

• DrZorma
                  • Sep 1, 2016

I always enjoyed the knock off, unlicensed figures,. The loosely based POTA line Astro Apes being my favorite. Dr Zorma sounded better to me than Artemis, but I assure you, I am not a doctor. I first used that here in the forums, but I now use it in all things, which is why it amuses me that some think I am an actual doctor. Especially with the same ape avatar I use here.

This is a very fun thread!

Comment

• megoapesnut
                    The name says it all!
                    • Dec 3, 2007

I am guessing mine is pretty obvious!

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

A man in a time-machine named "Mikey" told me someday I would have the best Koi pond on the USA east coast …

Still waiting for it to happen but I did use his name just incase ...

Comment

• Captain
                        Fighting the good fight!
                        • Jun 17, 2001

Because I’m the Captain, Dammit!
                        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Random Axe
                          My handle is a name of an old band of mine.

We did a combo of electric and acoustic gigs. We'd switch between Axe(electric) and Acts(acoustic). As time goes by, I find this less and less clever. Not sure what we were thinking at the time...
                          You should reunite and bill yourselves as 'Random Axe of Kindness'

Sarcastic Lad was hard to resist.

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

Wee was a college nickname of mine. Of course, nicknames are rarely nice when they come from your cynical punk roommates. If I ever moaned about anything like "Ugh, I have two finals and paper due this Wednesday, my roommate Rich would say, "That's a sad story, Willy" but in a sarcastic baby voice- "Dats uh sad sto-wee, Willwee". "Willwee" got further *******ized into "Weewee" and ultimately cropped to "Wee." It's a moniker I wear proudly.

Philly's underground music scene was filled with nicknames in the 80s. When a friends asked me to be in his wedding party I asked if I knew anyone in the party. He said sure, "There's Brian, Rob and Rich." I was unsure- "Who?" "You know, Repo, Rockbottom and Vesti." Repo came up to me later and admitted that, like me with him, he never knew my real name.
                            Last edited by Wee67; Apr 2, '21, 9:40 AM.
                            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎