Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Origin of your user/screen name on the MM??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Origin of your user/screen name on the MM??

I'm always curious about what people's user/screen name means. Some are pretty obviously their name, but some aren't so obvious.

If you would care to divulge how your user name came about on the MM boards I thought it might be cool to share such information.

I'll go first...

Mine isn't too hard to figure out. Jonny Quest is my favorite cartoon. Loved it from the first time I saw it and it still speaks to me to this day. In the early 90's I had to pick out what my email was going to be for my local ISP and I chose drquest. I don't have that email any longer because the company went out of business, but I've continued that over the years with other emails and forums etc... There's not a lot of JQ stuff to collect unfortunately, and I didn't like the newer JQ cartoons, but I do have some original animation cels.

Also I have made sure my kids have been exposed to JQ as well and my youngest son, his middle name is Race by the way
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I like Jonny Quest, too.

I'm not sure I need to offer much explanation. Most here know what a great fan of The Penguin I am, he's my favorite Batman foe and I think Burgess "Buzz" Meredith is a national treasure. I even did Penguin cosplay at a Mego Meet.

Maybe I should mix it up and change my ID to K.G. Byrd, with a new avatar...
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

honestly, from what i can remember, i couldn't find one that wasn't already in use so i just made it up because i figure we are all on here for nostaligia

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Mine is simple. My childhood teddy bear Brown Bear who is the curator of my man cave
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

To honor the Life cereal kid

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

My love for all things Star Trek and of course Megos. I’ve been told I sometimes should be moving forward instead of backwards.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Obviously it’s my real first name. My father named me Hector after the Trojan prince in the Iliad. My uncle was so jealous that after his own son was born a year after me, he named him Aquiles (Spanish for Achilles).

Nope, not kidding, true story...

sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

Always wished I had used my real name. If I had known I’d be here for almost 20 years, I’d have just used Swan.

Anyways, Green Goblin is my favorite bad guy and the Mego I wanted the most when I first started collecting again. 19 is my favorite number.

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Mine is twofold, it's my initials, and way back when when I was teaching, my students would call me Mr. P because my last name is difficult to pronounce for some, so mrp has pulled double duty for me in real life, and took on a 3rd role as a user name for the forums I am active on. If I have to pronounce it out loud to someone, I usually fall back on my fondness for the Middle Earth Role Playing Game (shortened to MERP) form my high school days as my go to pronunciation of the user name, even if there is no "e" in it.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• J.B.
                    Guild Navigator
                    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
                    Obviously it’s my real first name. My father named me Hector after the Trojan prince in the Iliad. My uncle was so jealous that after his own son was born a year after me, he named him Aquiles (Spanish for Achilles).

Nope, not kidding, true story...

Hope your Cousin was kinder to you.
                    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

I couldn't decide on one so I just spelled my name backwards, but a few people have thought it stood for Enya World Domination...LOL

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

I went with sprytel as an online username because (a) I grew up on Speed Racer and (b) it seemed so utterly ridiculous. Particularly in online gaming, it seemed like so many people were trying too hard to sound cool and hardcore... and so I felt the urge to go the other direction with it. Plus, I kinda like when people shorten it to Spry.

Comment

• Mod Style
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 1, 2009

On the old Action Jackson boxes it mentions his Mod Styled Hair.

Comment

• B-Lister
                            Eccentric Weirdo
                            • Mar 19, 2010

I created a Super Hero alter ego in college named Mister Blisterfists. So named because his Magnetic powers caused energy to Kirby Krackle around his hands...I went by that name for years, but everybody just called me Blister or Blis. Over time, I decided to shorten it, and then later, to better reflect my love for lesser known characters I added the hyphen.
                            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

Mine was simple, there was a James Bond DVD and a Spider-Man figure on the computer desk when my wife created an email account for me and I stuck with it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎