X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

ToyLanta This Weekend

My wife and I are headed down to Georgia tomorrow morning for ToyLanta. Been a long time since a show of that stature has taken place in my area. Anyone else going ?
  • shazam7208
    Career Member
    • Oct 28, 2008

I have to work Saturday, but I will be there Sunday....been looking forward to it!!!!!!!

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

I'll be there on Sunday wearing a Mego t-shirt and ball cap.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

I saw somebody there today wearing a white Mego shirt with red text. Was that any of you guys? I didn’t say hi because you were playing on your phone, but anyway, pretty good haul for me. Got 70 Star Trek figures for 40 bucks.

Comment

• shazam7208
          Career Member
          • Oct 28, 2008

Good day for me too.....Mego Wonder Woman and Spiderman along with a Bionic Woman and a couple of BW outfits. A lot of nice stuff there....hard to keep from getting carried away.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Did anyone take pics? no big deal just asking out of curiosity.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

I was there Friday and Saturday only. It was really a great show. Had an awesome haul myself from the two days. Mego Ursus ( complete prestine loose ), Vintage Rio Blast ( complete prestine loose ), MOTU Classics Bubble Power She-Ra ( sealed in mailer ), MOC DCU Classics Golden Age Hawkman, New Mego Creature and Franky for openers ( keeping my BBTS ones MOC ). I think the combination of it being so long since there's been a show of this stature and everyone getting stimulus money it turned out great for dealers and collectors. Helped my friend Greg with his table a little and he almost sold out by Sat. evening. I did see an awesome condition AHI Franky and Mummy I would love to have bought but they were well out of range of what I would pay for loose ones.

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I did go on Sunday. I picked up a few things, including a Health Spa Dinah Mite for $20 bucks the vender said was a Supergirl in a "weird black outfit" he didn't know where it came from.

I cannot tell you how good it felt being in a toy environment again after 2 years. The highlight of course was seeing both Chuck and Chris again after all this time. So worth the trip.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                  I saw somebody there today wearing a white Mego shirt with red text. Was that any of you guys? I didn’t say hi because you were playing on your phone, but anyway, pretty good haul for me. Got 70 Star Trek figures for 40 bucks.
                  That could have been me. I also had my Mego hat on.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by ScottA
                    That could have been me. I also had my Mego hat on.
                    Sorry. I really wanted to say hello, but you were checking something on your phone and I didn’t want to interrupt.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by TrekStar
                      Did anyone take pics? no big deal just asking out of curiosity.
                      I reiterate did anyone take pictures???? Really wanted to go.

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                        Sorry. I really wanted to say hello, but you were checking something on your phone and I didn’t want to interrupt.
                        You should have. I was probably just checking to see where Chuck was. I could have introduced you to him.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by ScottA
                          I did go on Sunday. I picked up a few things, including a Health Spa Dinah Mite for $20 bucks the vender said was a Supergirl in a "weird black outfit" he didn't know where it came from.

I cannot tell you how good it felt being in a toy environment again after 2 years. The highlight of course was seeing both Chuck and Chris again after all this time. So worth the trip.
                          Its seems toyshows are back in a big way. The Xenia Ohio show last weekend I've heard was Kane County size. People just want to see their toy seller buddies.

Comment

• bgiles73
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 14, 2010

Wow I want to attend a convention and meet fellow Mego fans, but in order for it to be realistic
                            for me it would need to be somewhere near to New Orleans, Louisiana or Houston, Texas. I am equally distanced between both of those. I’d even drive to San Antonio or Dallas. ScottA - Do y’all ever attend any shows in the areas I have mentioned? Would Marty, Joel or Paul ever get this far South?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎