Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

This release is a date that will in infamy. It looks like a solid addition to the President's line. I keep wanting to buy some of these, and then I don't because I'm not sure I want to display them more than some of the other stuff I have. It's like the Three Stooges line. I think FTC did a fine job. But not enough that I'm moving something out to make room for a bunch of knuckleheads. Or the Stooges.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I like the edition of the cane and his over coat/cape, I wonder if the cane and cape will also be available separately?
      If you get this figure, maybe a pair of eye glasses would work well too.

FDR would work nicely with Three Stooges and Waltons figures.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by rykerw1701
        This release is a date that will in infamy. It looks like a solid addition to the President's line. I keep wanting to buy some of these, and then I don't because I'm not sure I want to display them more than some of the other stuff I have. It's like the Three Stooges line. I think FTC did a fine job. But not enough that I'm moving something out to make room for a bunch of knuckleheads. Or the Stooges.
        The reason I got Abraham Lincoln was to add him to my Star Trek collection, I’m not sure if I’ll pick up any other Presidents, but it’s still a very good choice line for those who are interested.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
          I like the edition of the cane and his over coat/cape, I wonder if the cane and cape will also be available separately?
          If you get this figure, maybe a pair of eye glasses would work well too.

and the Penguin's cigarette holder. This one would be great with a JSA collection
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
            Career Member
            • Jul 23, 2019

I may get him to add to my JSA collection. I am already working on a custom Hitler to add to my collection of JSA villains, so I should get FDR as well.
            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Am I the only one who thinks there is something off in the likeness? I agree that the cape and the cane are nice touches...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I think glasses would make him more recognizable. They nailed the eyes.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I was hoping for the pince-nez.

FTC sure does a nice job with men's suits.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Yes, I was hoping for the pince-nez.

FTC sure does a nice job with men's suits.
                    they need to start offering some of these off the figures

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by sprytel
                      Am I the only one who thinks there is something off in the likeness?
                      Nope, you're not the only one. Also, is there a problem with having a character in a wheelchair?? Everyone knows about FDR's health issues. If I would add this to a JSA or All-Star Squadron set up...he needs the wheel chair. Definitely a pass for me.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                        Nope, you're not the only one. Also, is there a problem with having a character in a wheelchair?? Everyone knows about FDR's health issues. If I would add this to a JSA or All-Star Squadron set up...he needs the wheel chair. Definitely a pass for me.
                        I hear what your saying, but perhaps they thought adding a wheelchair may be a bit in poor taste, besides where would they put it in the packaging? They sell a wheelchair separately if someone wanted to get it for the figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

A wheelchair is likely a price-point consideration, particularly considering tooling up a vintage one. And IIRC FDR was careful about using one publicly or being photographed, relying on assistants and crutches instead.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            A wheelchair is likely a price-point consideration, particularly considering tooling up a vintage one. And IIRC FDR was careful about using one publicly or being photographed, relying on assistants and crutches instead.
                            Yep, FDR did his best to minimize the extent of his handicap to the general public. So no wheelchair is accurate to how the public saw him through most of his extraordinarily long presidency.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
                              Finally, the plot of Annie can be played out completely.
                              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎