Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

During the first episode they presented the Shield at the Captain America memorial so it could mean he is no dead.

The Falcon AndThe Winter Soldier producer Nate Moore says there's "more to come" with Isaiah Bradley.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 12, '21, 10:48 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Could have sworn in either Episode 2 or 3 Sam and Bucky were talking about Steve being dead. It was just something that was said in passing,kind of like one of those blink and you miss it moments. Might be wrong.
      He may indeed be dead, but I don't think they've said "dead". They've said "gone", which depending on the theory you (or the showrunners) subscribe to, could mean he's back to his timeline, he's in deep hiding, or he is in fact, deceased. I personally think they may be being very vague about it in case they can ever get Evans to return. They can always revitalize the Super Solider Serum in him like in countless comics.

But who knows, in the next two episodes, they may confirm one thing or another.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Just to let you know all guess who the guest star were WRONG.....I will be back Saturday with the recap on all the easter eggs.
        Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 16, '21, 7:58 PM.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

The guest star was a wowzer, and then they said who they were and I was like "mind blown".

This show continues to surprise me. I never would have thought a show on Disney Plus would go to the relevant places this story is going...but it's still entertaining, and not sanctimoniously preachy. There are no easy answers to the issues they are addressing. It's a very mature story for the genre, without being overly morose or navel-gazing. IT CAN BE DONE, and still be fun, and not feel like a betrayal of the source material.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Well, it is a little sanctimoniously preachy.
            (Just enough to annoy me, but not stop me from watching, anyhow.)

I loved the post-credits scene in yesterday's episode. A man with a mission, right there.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier ep 5 Truth Easter Eggs

The big comic book Easter Egg is:
              Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine
              vlcsnap-2021-04-16-08h41m12s619.jpgContessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine 1.jpg

Now she does not state who she is working for but she does want to recruit John Walker.

vlcsnap-2021-03-26-17h07m58s079 (2).jpgTruth-Red-White-and-Black 2.jpg
              This episode they do reveal the behind the scenes of Isaiah Bradley a.k.a. Captain America but just talk about it, so no flashbacks.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier ep 5 Truth Easter Eggs

When the Dora Milaje came to get Zemo they mentioned they would take him to The Raft:
                The_Raft.jpg

The Raft is an underwater prison created for the sole purpose of detaining and incarcerating enhanced individuals.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Well, this show sure got woke. It had some good scenes, but overall, I think it sucked. What a shame.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    Well, this show sure got woke. It had some good scenes, but overall, I think it sucked. What a shame.
                    I agree. Very scattered story. Is it about the flag smashers story? Does Bucky even have a story here? Did they need to make the show about color? Is it about the new Cap turning bad?

I don't know what to make of it all. So many stories crammed into episodes, it's hard to get invested in any of them. Loki looks better.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

This is really their first opportunity to tell the story of how the snap affected the planet and it's people. Wandavision wasn't going to go down that road so this series was going to have to tell those tales. Unfortunately, racism still exists even after the events that transpired. There was never a story possible where Sam wouldn't have been conflicted about his decision. They had to set that struggle up before his fateful decision. When you have sports stars who are considered heroes to many being told to shut up and dribble, what do you think the response would be to a black Captain America? Especially now, this tale needed to be told.

The other storylines were necessary to set up future programming and films. I thought they did an admirable job in juggling these stories. Bucky's redemption arc, John Walker's tragic rise and fall and rise, Flag Smasher's revolution, the Power Broker I think were handled as best they could. I thoroughly enjoyed the series and appreciate the slow build. They may have benefitted from an additional episode to spread things out but overall this was fantastic to me.
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

I agree, I liked the story. I told people years ago that the Avengers were going to change and this is its start. Sam Wilson as Captain America is only the beginning, what till you get Jane Foster as
                        Thor.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

It was cool to see Sam and Walker in their respective suits in the final episode.

Overall, this series started out in a promising manner but got swiftly hamstrung by overly sententious storytelling.

Still... the action sequences were consistently good, at least.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Most of the MCU going forward is going to suck, in my opinion. Then again, I've probably been a fan of Marvel longer than most people on the museum. Since I had a very large collection of back issues from way before I could read. I had thousands of comics given to me when I was a youngster. Jane Foster as "Thor"? No thank you. Thor is a name, not a title. Thordis, maybe...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

well we can still hope for FF and Xmen

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

Word has it most of this will carry over to Cap 4.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎