X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1980 Ideal Toys Team America Catalog

After dominating Toy aisles with their Evel Knievel Stunt cycles for the majority of the 1970s Ideal toys needed to do something clever after Evel fell out of favour with the general population. The stunt cycle itself was still a great concept and in 1979 Ideal attempted to mix them with Monsters, thus giving birth […]

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Man, that brings back some memories. I had the Evel Stunt Cycle, and still had the bike and the generator when Team America hit. I got the White rider and I remember liking the design of the new generator better. Easier to hold onto and really crank it up. I later got the "Lobo" figure with the drag racer or dune buggy or whatever it was. I SOOO wanted that Captain America. I never saw it.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I love the Marvel Team America. I was just disappointed that they didn't finish the characters. They did release Honcho, R. U. Reddy, Wolf, Black Marauder but left off Cowboy & Wrench. I have the figures and still have a few of the vehicles. I was upset that they only released Captain America as the motorcycle hunch over figure. I was also surprised that Ghost Rider & Orb never showed up in the figures.

Last edited by monitor_ep; Mar 15, '21, 4:23 PM.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• toyhunter1970
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 24, 2020

man that brings it back the Marauder was epic toy stil remeber my parents taking to toys r us to get it! in 1981

Comment

• tay666
          Career Member
          • Dec 27, 2008

Oh wow!
          That brings back some memories. I loved the Team America comic book.
          I was a bit too old by then to be paying attention to toys (other than Star Wars).
          So I didn't even know they made cycles.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎