• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

CW Kung Fu

Kung-Fu-Coming-2021-feat-image.jpg

A quarter-life crisis causes a young Chinese-American woman, Nicky Shen (Olivia Liang), to drop out of college and go on a life-changing journey to an isolated monastery in China. But when she returns to San Francisco, she finds her hometown is overrun with crime and corruption and her own parents (Tzi Ma and Kheng Hua Tan) are at the mercy of a powerful Triad. Nicky will rely on her tech-savvy sister (Shannon Dang), pre-med brother (Jon Prasida), Assistant District Attorney and ex-boyfriend (Gavin Stenhouse), and new love interest (Eddie Liu) as well as her martial arts skills and Shaolin values to protect her community and bring criminals to justice ... all while searching for the ruthless assassin (Gwendoline Yeo) who killed her Shaolin mentor and is now targeting her.

Yeah this sounds like a CW team based show so there is no telling if people who liked the original are going to like this version. Since my boyfriend is Asian this show is a must.

Also didn't know where to place this since there is no Sci-Fantasy block here.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Mar 10, '21, 11:25 AM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Bonus with the new show maybe we will some of the original merchandise pop up for sale?
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Well, this has gone through a lot of changes, it was supposed to be set in the 50s.

There is also a movie in development which will be about Caine, I'm going to assume the new lead will actually be Asian this time.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I know that Greg Berlanti wants to add other show to the CW, but I think if your going to follow the Arrowverse format maybe you should have just put in in there instead of grabbing another TV title and changing it.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

The show has magic in it, so it isn't very realistic. Not what I was hoping for.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Is her nickname going to be cricket ?

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Well I watched this last night and if you are NOT a fan of the Berlanti shows than this will not be for you. Nicky Shen uses her family as the supporting cast includeing future boyfriend who also knows martial arts as her partner in crime. Yes there are some "Wire-Fu" moments in there but it works. Yes Nicky talks to her dead Master for advise.

We liked it, my Asian boyfriend loves the fact that there are so many Asians actors being shown without the downplaying.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                Bonus with the new show maybe we will some of the original merchandise pop up for sale?
                I don't think there was much in the way of tie-ins to the original David Carradine "Kung Fu" TV series-There was a lunchbox, a few novelizations of some of the episodes, and a set of trading cards... No licensed action figure of Caine was ever made, at least not that I'm aware of... Probably some cheap knock-of type though...
                Last edited by apes3978; Apr 15, '21, 7:47 PM.

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by monitor_ep

Also didn't know where to place this since there is no Sci-Fantasy block here.
                  Here you go - http://megomuseum.com/community/foru...cience-Fiction

Science Fiction is close enough to Sci-Fantasy around these parts...

Comment

• Godzilla
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 3, 2002

I watched the premiere and thought it was fine. Decent acting, plots, and characters. I'll likely watch more, but I won't be too sad if I miss it.
                    Mortui Vivos Docent
                    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎