Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wish_It_Was1984
    • Feb 19, 2021

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    I don't think it looks like it has fading spots. I think that's an artifact of the photography. It does look like it has a slight split in the right arm seam, though.
    LonnieFisher is right. It's not faded. I took another image without any nearby lighting that could affect it. There isn't a split in any seam either. There a couple of dots of red thread poking out of the seam in each arm and a leg, but no actual gaps. Also there is no Mego tag inside the suit when I unsnapped it. However, I have no idea what a Mego tag looks like or where it would be located, but I assume it would be right inside the flap?

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

The Mego tag is a small white paper tag with "Mego" imprint and IIRC a production number, which is usually sew into an interior side-seam of outfits in the torso area--not into the hemming.

It is fragile and easily lost if it separates from the stitching, or it may be that your suit has been washed. You may have overlooked it if you did not open the suit more fully or remove it.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 8, '21, 1:00 AM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 26, 2008

absolutely original...
        Anyway these suits made of synthetic fibers last forever

Comment

• Wish_It_Was1984
          • Feb 19, 2021

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          The Mego tag is a small white paper tag with "Mego" imprint and IIRC a production number, which is usually sew into an interior side-seam of outfits in the torso area--not into the hemming.

It is fragile and easily lost if it separates from the stitching, or it may be that your suit has been washed. You may have overlooked it if you did not open the suit more fully or remove it.
          Gotcha. The figure arrived with the suit on so I unsnapped and pulled it down to check. No tag.

I figured though that I'd take a few additional pictures of the suit inside-out while it was like that...

Comment

• Wish_It_Was1984
            • Feb 19, 2021

Originally posted by XXXPHOENIX
            absolutely original...
            Anyway these suits made of synthetic fibers last forever
            Always good to hear more positive reactions. Thanks!

I guess it makes sense, packaging and durability increase drastically for most things as you go back in time. I got my wife a complete Marx Double Agent Mike Hazard and "Best of the West" Thunderbolt for her small collection, and those 60s toys were thick, large, and had accessories that were seemingly indestructible.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Wish_It_Was1984
              LonnieFisher is right. It's not faded. I took another image without any nearby lighting that could affect it. There isn't a split in any seam either. There a couple of dots of red thread poking out of the seam in each arm and a leg, but no actual gaps. Also there is no Mego tag inside the suit when I unsnapped it. However, I have no idea what a Mego tag looks like or where it would be located, but I assume it would be right inside the flap?

Oh wow how the lighting can make a difference, you have a beautiful looking figure, very nice clean colors like it was just taken off the card or in this case with the type 1 a kresge size card.

PNGwynne is probably right about the tag, it’s very fragile and can easily fall off especially if the outfit has been washed, but nevertheless it’s a sweet pick up.

Comment

• Wish_It_Was1984
                • Feb 19, 2021

Originally posted by TrekStar
                Oh wow how the lighting can make a difference, you have a beautiful looking figure, very nice clean colors like it was just taken off the card or in this case with the type 1 a kresge size card.

PNGwynne is probably right about the tag, it’s very fragile and can easily fall off especially if the outfit has been washed, but nevertheless it’s a sweet pick up.
                Awesome. Yeah, I'm super pleased with it. Seems to be from a collector as well. The auction stated that he restrung the body. I've done similar to 80s G.I. Joe and it feels solid in the waist.

Now if I can only luck out with a similar quality Robin.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I need to check on a Robin, but life is interfering right now. I'm not sure he has gloves...
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Nowadays loose repro/nonrepro doesn't make much of a difference.

If the suit is repro or not it might be worth 5 cents more or less.

If it looks sweet on your display shelf --- That's the million dollar answer

If you're happy with it, just love it for whatever it is

Comment

• Wish_It_Was1984
                      • Feb 19, 2021

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      I need to check on a Robin, but life is interfering right now. I'm not sure he has gloves...
                      No worries. So far not much is being listed on eBay, outside of a couple of people looking to get $130-200 for one.

Comment

• Wish_It_Was1984
                        • Feb 19, 2021

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Nowadays loose repro/nonrepro doesn't make much of a difference.

If the suit is repro or not it might be worth 5 cents more or less.

If it looks sweet on your display shelf --- That's the million dollar answer

If you're happy with it, just love it for whatever it is

5 cents? Yeah, ok. lol

To each his own. How something looks on a shelf is important, as it is with most collectors, but historical significance is also important. The history and authenticity of a piece that's actually from the past matters, as it does with many collectors for obvious reasons.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎