Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New FTC Wonder Woman, Hippolyta, and Nubia?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

WOW! Rusty did an amazing job of changing that sad sack Diana into a 70s Wonder. She's looking amazing!

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

No Nubia

Have bad news (or maybe good news) FTC is not going to release Nubia. I just got the email. No reason why but its a no go. So I guess its up to customizers to make this happen.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

A shame, it's a character I've always wanted in 8" format, but perhaps not surprising.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

I really wanted the outfit for future female knights. I have custom I got years ago of Nubia that still needs some work done so I may break her out and see what I can do.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            Have bad news (or maybe good news) FTC is not going to release Nubia. I just got the email. No reason why but its a no go. So I guess its up to customizers to make this happen.
            I imagine the DOA first releases killed it.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

Well, if they hadn't made them so fugly...

Dana
              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

Exactly correct. It’s a shame these were so awful that they doomed the line. Even if Nubia was ugly, I probably would have gotten her for the outfit, as long as it was good.

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

I wonder if Mego could make a Nubia to match their 14" inch Wonder Woman figure?

She sure is a nice looking figure (not mine): nubia.jpg
                  Last edited by RonnyG; Apr 24, '21, 2:16 AM.

Comment

• rayray
                    • May 21, 2013

Why not a new Nubia?

Originally posted by RonnyG
                    I wonder if Mego could make a Nubia to match their 14" inch Wonder Woman figure?

She sure is a nice looking figure (not mine): [ATTACH=CONFIG]30579[/ATTACH]
                    The original Nubia is one of the best 12" figures Mego ever produced, and is my favourite of all my original collection. This run of Wonder Woman figures was a bust, but why doesn't FTC make a new Nubia, in a version of the classic outfit, or the new one as depicted in current comics? This character is getting a ton of press and I'd be surprised if Mego isn't already considering her for 8" and/or 14" figures. There's a beeeeeeeg unserved market for Black superhero figures that is hungry for product like this.
                    nubia-wonder-woman-future-state_92e1.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

And, they don't need to tool that armor per se--could be vinyl. FTC should eat crow and do her in a standard version.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Goblin19
                        Exactly correct. It’s a shame these were so awful that they doomed the line. Even if Nubia was ugly, I probably would have gotten her for the outfit, as long as it was good.
                        Yes!!!!

Comment

• drogge
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 24, 2009

I bought this set, and they look much better in hand. Yes they look, cheap and somewhat unrealized, like maybe some red paint on the lips and better hair styling. However, I find them completely adorable, they are like mini-12 inchers from the 1977 Mego line. I really like these a lot.

Comment

• Slawsb
                            • Oct 7, 2020

Originally posted by drogge
                            I bought this set, and they look much better in hand. Yes they look, cheap and somewhat unrealized, like maybe some red paint on the lips and better hair styling. However, I find them completely adorable, they are like mini-12 inchers from the 1977 Mego line. I really like these a lot.

The bodies are just ridiculously BAD.LAUGHABLE...
                            The costumes are good but they are way too big and the heads are tiny and beige.
                            this could have and should been a real easy win for FTC

Comment

• shooby32
                              • Jun 1, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                              I must admit this is my first time visiting this thread, and it's painful on so many levels. I try to keep things positive when it comes to FTC, and err on the side of impartiality. I love their 66 Batman figures, and SuperFriends, and random figures here and there across their offerings. That being said, I'm not blind. I love the idea of remaking the 12" WW line in 8" scale, but it's pretty obvious the results fell short of the mark. Here's a taste of the unrealized potential mentioned earlier in the thread:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30436[/ATTACH]

What any of this has to do with being woke/SJW or whatever is completely beyond me. It's just a ****ing figure assortment that missed the mark.
                              That's not the same head. That's the vintage Daisy Duke head, which was a smaller version of 12" WW head. The " bone structure" is different from the newest fig, and as they often pale, it's been painted to match.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎