Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New FTC Wonder Woman, Hippolyta, and Nubia?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KOMonger
    Banned
    • Feb 17, 2015

Last edited by KOMonger; Apr 5, '21, 4:56 AM.

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

I generally like FTC. Certainly some turkeys mixed in there, though. I’m hoping Nubia makes it out and looks good.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Goblin19
        I’m hoping Nubia makes it out and looks good.
        Me, too. I had planned to buy most of this wave and am already pruning, but Nubia is my most-wanted.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• OCSuperman
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 4, 2014

This 100% has to be their answer to the 1977 WW figures ... same line up and same clothing. I'm on the fence on these, FTC figures always look better in hand (I have found), but the outfits look loose/baggy.

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

Wonder Woman looks like she just got home from a weekend bender.

Dana
            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• rayray
              • May 21, 2013

Originally posted by OCSuperman
              This 100% has to be their answer to the 1977 WW figures ... same line up and same clothing. I'm on the fence on these, FTC figures always look better in hand (I have found), but the outfits look loose/baggy.
              I’m waiting on some brave soul to post an unboxing video of this series, to prove this theory!

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

As for Nubia, I just hope that they don't use that ugly AA female head they have.
                JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

It’ll be one of their ugly heads

Originally posted by JediJaida
                  As for Nubia, I just hope that they don't use that ugly AA female head they have.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jan 23, 2012

So I just received the WW set...I wouldn’t say that the heads are ugly...but they’re not beautiful either, lol. They remind me of the Dawn dollies from the 60’s. They’re tan looking, like most of the figures from the 70’s, and they’re kind of cute. You can’t tell from the photos, but they have rooted eyelashes, similarly to the original Mego 12” celebrity dolls, including WW. They have plenty of eye makeup on, but the lashes don’t permit that to be visible in a photo (they’re definitely not photogenic).
                    What’s weird about them is that the heads are curiously dinky, even when compared to the Teen Titan heads. I took some snap shots, but I’m the dingbat that doesn’t know how to post images here. I’m happy to email the photos to someone if they would like to post for others.

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 23, 2012

Also, Hippolyta comes with a yellow crown that looks just like the one in the card art. Diana comes with a pair of rubbery blue glasses. They’re actually nice accessories. The WW body came super floppy, for some reason. Much like the old Retro Action DC Mattel figures, her body folded over completely and wouldn’t stay erect. The others are good. Steve Trevor is the most notably normal figure. Great uniform and also comes with his brown military cap.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you, I appreciate the info. Hearing about details like the crown makes me hopeful for Nubia's tooling.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rayray
                          • May 21, 2013

These are from user Gramercyplace, posted on his behalf.

Image.jpgImage 2.jpgImage 3.jpgImage 4.jpgImage.jpg

Comment

• rayray
                            • May 21, 2013

Again, more from Gramercyplace!

Image 2.jpgImage 3.jpgImage.jpgImage 2.jpgImage 3.jpg

Comment

• rayray
                              • May 21, 2013

Additional photo from Gramercyplace:Image 4.jpg

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Woof, man, those are...not good. The Steve is fine, the women, even Hippolyta who looked okay in the package...yikes.

Just goes to show what improper paint apps can do to a sculpt.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎