Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New FTC Wonder Woman, Hippolyta, and Nubia?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slawsb
    • Oct 7, 2020

Actually looks like Red Wonder Girl boots to me...

Comment

• drogge
      Career Member
      • Jul 24, 2009

NA

I hope these look better than what the photos suggest.
      Last edited by drogge; Mar 8, '21, 7:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

Maybe I am crazy but I don't find them to be THAT bad. Sure its not the prettiest face but I think its because the eyeliner/lashes are too thick and the eyebrows are too low. Also, the head seems to be more in scale with the Type-S heads.

Im interested in what Nubia will look like if we even get her.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Oho, I really want Nubia.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I have been wanting an 8 inch Nubia to go with my Wonder Woman since the 70's. I also want generic Amazon Warriors so I can build an army.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Slawsb
              • Oct 7, 2020

if Wonder Woman teamed up with.....

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Every time I see that Diana figure I think of this
              Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang!!!!

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Every time I see that Diana figure I think of this
                This reminds me of the Sunshine Family Dad

Comment

• Slawsb
                  • Oct 7, 2020

Originally posted by RonnyG
                  This reminds me of the Sunshine Family Dad
                  would probably look better with any one of those heads.
                  the hair line is so odd looking on Diana Prince a Charlie Brown shape for sure.
                  hopefully a prototype

Comment

• dchero66
                    • Jan 18, 2009

I definitely think this wave is a replacement for the Lynda Carter WW figures. When wondering what to do for something in it's place, someone thought of 8" versions of the original 12" Megos. I was 10 years old in 1976 when the 12" Wonder Woman was released, and I saw it in a Zayre store. I was in awe, like Ralphie and the Red Rider BB Gun. I remember when all the Megos were in their heyday, so that makes me more forgiving. The nostalgia makes up for any design issues I may notice - and I will be getting these - but I do notice the issues. The constant re-releases of the exact same figures repackaged, or dressed in a different outfit from existing pieces, makes it obvious FTC is trying to put new releases out there, but keep cost to a minimum. Regardless of end result, this new WW wave is at least actually NEW product. This head sculpt is a copy of the original Mego one, which they themselves recycled for the Daisy Duke - just a change of hair color and face paint. The lip color on the packaged figure in the photo doesn't match, but maybe they weren't trying to. Every additional color is an additional cost and more colors can increase production time. That's probably why they went for the cloth top instead of painting it on like the original - that would have probably cost more to produce. I'm impressed Diana Prince's uniform is different from the Wave 1 Diana Prince - I thought they were the same until I looked at them side by side. The pulled up hair looks odd because of the way it's rooted, but that's the nature of the process - way too costly to have a separate head with hair rooted in a more natural shape around the hairline, and sculpted hair would have looked the best, but requires more tooling. Queen Hippolyta and Steve Trevor may actually have been easier to execute. I'm not an opener unless I buy an extra for that purpose, so I view the package and figure as a whole, like a piece of art. Because these can be open and closed without damage, I can adjust a head turned an odd direction, a twisted garment, oddly posed limbs, etc. The good thing about the body they're using for these is that it's less likely to be contorted in an impossible position like the ones with the standard bodies. It's just less poseable - which isn't a good trade-off if you like to display them out of the package. The original 8" WGSH Wonder Woman was released with a 'straight-arm' body in a very limited quantity - I've only seen photos and never on ebay or anywhere else. A version of Isis was also released with the straight arm body, and the aforementioned Daisy Duke was as well. Mego's 12" WW had hidden joints in the elbows and knees, but these bodies only have six points of articulation. Same overall look as the originals, but lacking the poseability. I'd say the intent with these is as display pieces for fans of the 1970's 12" versions. For that purpose, they are OK, and may be better in person. With FTC it can go either way - I've seen some released product that didn't look nearly as good as the photos, and some that looked better. And that's probably all way more than anyone needed to know...

Comment

• drogge
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

I am starting to warm up to these versions. I hope Nubia comes with this set.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 23, 2008

Weren't these supposed to be released? I thought when the newsletter came out it said "coming next week" at least for Wonder Woman and Diana Prince.

Comment

• Slawsb
                          • Oct 7, 2020

It did say that but they also said over three years ago Wonder Woman 77 was coming soon.

Comment

• warlock664
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 15, 2009

Holy cow!
                            Paragraph breaks are our friends; how can anyone read a block of text that dense comfortably?

Comment

• tiinacat
                              Museum Patron
                              • Feb 4, 2015

What? I had no trouble reading it, as it was interesting.

But I get the point

Comment

• rayray
                                • May 21, 2013

They're here!

Well, they're out, and definitely the 8" versions of the 1977 12" line. They are a curious choice for production, but they don't look awful - except for Evil Devil Spawn Forehead Bigger Than Face Diana Prince, whose glasses hopefully mitigate the problem.

Waiting for Nubia.....once she appears, I will likely buy the line out of slavish devotion to the original line (which is already about to be on display in the toy basement!)
                                Last edited by rayray; Mar 26, '21, 8:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎