Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New FTC Wonder Woman, Hippolyta, and Nubia?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KOMonger
    Banned
    • Feb 17, 2015

Last edited by KOMonger; Apr 5, '21, 4:58 AM.

Comment

• Slawsb
      • Oct 7, 2020

but these figs....

Really are defective.
      the legs and arms are beyond ridiculous.
      Steve is good and the costumes are too

Originally posted by KOMonger
      " But really, using "But what about Mego/EMCE/BBP?" as an FTC defense is not much more than a red herring when presented with things like this WW wave."
      You have a point. rayray confirms colors of heads not matching their body colors, oversized clothes, etc. In reality I am not so much an FTC "defender" as I am an adult realist, who sees other adults so overboard in attacking FTC while minimizing issues with other companies. In spite of how it may appear, I do not support bad quality either. I am also not really a complainer, nor am I a pushover. So if people want to go overboard, I am more than happy to attempt to 'right' things, whereas other sensible people just give up and go away (or never join to begin with).
      People here are in the habit of going "extra" with their contempt. I have many examples, but here is just one from today...
      I recently purchased 20 boxed FTC from Zolo's Room over 2 orders and had only one 'problem' with a figure from my first order; it had two right hands. I have no idea how long Zolo's Room had this in stock, but inquiring directly with FTC to see if this could be resolved in a future order confirmed it, they would include a replacement.
      So, take rayray's post above. Ask yourself, why would (he?) make the decision to own the Steve figure, then claim to be "returning it" due to a broken knee, instead of asking for a replacement fix?
      I expect rayray to claim the obvious, "I have a right to change my mind", but it should be clear to everyone else it's because FTC does, in fact, replace defective, recently purchased product, that's why. It wouldn't "fit the agenda" as people like to say. People keep pushing this as only a Mego thing.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

What I may consider sensible you may merely consider a matter of taste. At any rate, I think I've tried to be fair in expressing my concerns about each company, and I think the Museum has been fair in presenting/supporting both vendors.

Also, I don't think there's any point in guessing rayray's motives when he is free to do either. Can't one conceivably return a defective Mego, too? Interpretation is tricky, yours might lead me to decide that you have an agenda as well--when in fact you and rayray might both have not. It's possible that he means a return for a replacement.

I don't understand you last sentence.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 4, '21, 9:01 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KOMonger
          Banned
          • Feb 17, 2015

Last edited by KOMonger; Apr 5, '21, 4:59 AM.

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

I just went to the Mego Museum Customego on facebook, and a member there posted some pictures of his repaint of this WW figure, and it looks outstanding! I don't know if he's a member here, so I don't want to repost his pictures without his permission, but there are before and after pics on facebook if you want to see them. He basically had to repaint the whole face a lighter shade, and re-sew her baggy outfit. Now it really looks just like a mini version of the 12" Mego doll.

Comment

• Goblin19
              Talkative Member
              • May 2, 2002

Would love to see them.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

I must admit this is my first time visiting this thread, and it's painful on so many levels. I try to keep things positive when it comes to FTC, and err on the side of impartiality. I love their 66 Batman figures, and SuperFriends, and random figures here and there across their offerings. That being said, I'm not blind. I love the idea of remaking the 12" WW line in 8" scale, but it's pretty obvious the results fell short of the mark. Here's a taste of the unrealized potential mentioned earlier in the thread:

WWRedo.JPG

What any of this has to do with being woke/SJW or whatever is completely beyond me. It's just a ****ing figure assortment that missed the mark.
                Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Apr 5, '21, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Happy Tuesday. If you notice that someone who participated in this thread is showing as 'Banned' it's NOT because of what they originally wrote in the conversation. The banning is because of the threats they sent me for what they'd do if their account wasn't deleted immediately. I am not even sure if I can delete an account at this point, but if I can't be given the time to figure it out without being threatened I have other tools.

Comment

• rayray
                    • May 21, 2013

For people who wonder why anyone would buy these figures, I want to say I support FTC because USUALLY the figures come through as good quality and I enthusiastically support the way they create niche figures that no one but comics geeks would imagine producing. I have especially loved the Batman 66 figures for this reason, and FTC products are what I use when redressing or reconfiguring faulty FTC figures.

As to a question that was raised earlier as to why return Steve Trevor Howard instead of replacing it - I've taken the faulty, new Wonder Woman line and replaced them with standard 8" figures. The loose costumes look great on standard figures. The Steve Trevor now doesn't match the redressed 8" figures, as they are taller and larger - so that Steve is replaced by a generic brown-haired figure representing Lyle Waggoner-esque Steve.

My core issue with FTC is the relative frequency of quality control issues. I really haven't ever bought items from a toy company that can be expected to have broken limbs in the package before shipping, loose heads and internal strings, etc. The poor paint jobs and shoddy figure construction on the new female WW line is a low point. (They really do look like Dawn dolls, except Dawn dolls stood up!
                    If they could address the quality control and inconsistent customer service, they'd really be gold, because everything else is good!

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

So those 2 Wonder Woman figures are the same, but the one has a new paint job? Well, that one on the right is stunning. Hard to believe how much better it is.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                        Happy Tuesday. If you notice that someone who participated in this thread is showing as 'Banned' it's NOT because of what they originally wrote in the conversation. The banning is because of the threats they sent me for what they'd do if their account wasn't deleted immediately. I am not even sure if I can delete an account at this point, but if I can't be given the time to figure it out without being threatened I have other tools.
                        The entitlement and emotional immaturity can get a little rich around here.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Goblin19
                          So those 2 Wonder Woman figures are the same, but the one has a new paint job? Well, that one on the right is stunning. Hard to believe how much better it is.
                          Hard to believe, but true. There are plenty of talented painters in the hobby, but Ray Flores and Rusty Damante are both particularly fantastic at repaint/restyle upgrades.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

For some inexplicable reason, I was reminded of this...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                              I'm sorry about that, I upset him and then he PM'd me. I made some (IMO) rational suggestions but I see he chose otherwise.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 2, 2002

I actually thought the conversation was relatively civil, but he may have felt attacked since he was the only person on one side of the debate.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎