Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: New FTC Wonder Woman, Hippolyta, and Nubia?

Images
    Would love to see them.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I must admit this is my first time visiting this thread, and it's painful on so many levels. I try to keep things positive when it comes to FTC, and err on the side of impartiality. I love their 66 Batman figures, and SuperFriends, and random figures here and there across their offerings. That being said, I'm not blind. I love the idea of remaking the 12" WW line in 8" scale, but it's pretty obvious the results fell short of the mark. Here's a taste of the unrealized potential mentioned earlier in the thread:

WWRedo.JPG

What any of this has to do with being woke/SJW or whatever is completely beyond me. It's just a ****ing figure assortment that missed the mark.
    Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Apr 5, '21 at 11:54 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Happy Tuesday. If you notice that someone who participated in this thread is showing as 'Banned' it's NOT because of what they originally wrote in the conversation. The banning is because of the threats they sent me for what they'd do if their account wasn't deleted immediately. I am not even sure if I can delete an account at this point, but if I can't be given the time to figure it out without being threatened I have other tools.

For people who wonder why anyone would buy these figures, I want to say I support FTC because USUALLY the figures come through as good quality and I enthusiastically support the way they create niche figures that no one but comics geeks would imagine producing. I have especially loved the Batman 66 figures for this reason, and FTC products are what I use when redressing or reconfiguring faulty FTC figures.

As to a question that was raised earlier as to why return Steve Trevor Howard instead of replacing it - I've taken the faulty, new Wonder Woman line and replaced them with standard 8" figures. The loose costumes look great on standard figures. The Steve Trevor now doesn't match the redressed 8" figures, as they are taller and larger - so that Steve is replaced by a generic brown-haired figure representing Lyle Waggoner-esque Steve.

My core issue with FTC is the relative frequency of quality control issues. I really haven't ever bought items from a toy company that can be expected to have broken limbs in the package before shipping, loose heads and internal strings, etc. The poor paint jobs and shoddy figure construction on the new female WW line is a low point. (They really do look like Dawn dolls, except Dawn dolls stood up!
    If they could address the quality control and inconsistent customer service, they'd really be gold, because everything else is good!

Images
    So those 2 Wonder Woman figures are the same, but the one has a new paint job? Well, that one on the right is stunning. Hard to believe how much better it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    Happy Tuesday. If you notice that someone who participated in this thread is showing as 'Banned' it's NOT because of what they originally wrote in the conversation. The banning is because of the threats they sent me for what they'd do if their account wasn't deleted immediately. I am not even sure if I can delete an account at this point, but if I can't be given the time to figure it out without being threatened I have other tools.
    The entitlement and emotional immaturity can get a little rich around here.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin19 View Post
    So those 2 Wonder Woman figures are the same, but the one has a new paint job? Well, that one on the right is stunning. Hard to believe how much better it is.
    Hard to believe, but true. There are plenty of talented painters in the hobby, but Ray Flores and Rusty Damante are both particularly fantastic at repaint/restyle upgrades.

Images
    For some inexplicable reason, I was reminded of this...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    I'm sorry about that, I upset him and then he PM'd me. I made some (IMO) rational suggestions but I see he chose otherwise.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I actually thought the conversation was relatively civil, but he may have felt attacked since he was the only person on one side of the debate.