Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making Figures Toy Company a bit more Mego-ish?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Making Figures Toy Company a bit more Mego-ish?

Anyone have an easy way to make the glove arm Figures Toy Company figures like Adam West Batman more like the classic Mego approaches? Either mitten or hand color etc.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

There's a couple of things you can do. First, if you have a spare set of hands to insert, all you have to do is take a pair of pliers and pull out the plugs in those arms. Its easier if you warm up a coffee cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes, then submerge the arms in there for 30 seconds. Quickly dry, then pull the plugs out while still warm. Or you can change out the arms themselves if you want the whole limb replaced. Pull the arm out of the socket and firmly hold the band revealed with a pair of needle nose pliers while you unhook the existing arm and place the new one on. You can order vinyl mitt gloves from their ClassicTvtoys page and dye them to closely match the color of the cowl and cape.

Comment

• zeedox
      Career Member
      • Aug 10, 2007

I am sure I can rummage whatever I might need, I just realized that those glove arms aren't really working for me at all. Do you think changing the arms is easier than just swapping heads etc?

Comment

• Doctor Dim
        • May 18, 2017

It's easier to push the elbow pin out and replace the whole lower arm along with the hand.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by zeedox
          I am sure I can rummage whatever I might need, I just realized that those glove arms aren't really working for me at all. Do you think changing the arms is easier than just swapping heads etc?
          I think its what you feel comfortable doing. I've been swapping limbs and bands for so long its more second nature to me than it might be if you're new to the process. The most basic remedy is to just pull the plugs and insert new hands. Thats the least involved of those mentioned. But a full arm replacement, or at the elbow (as Dr Dim suggested) might require a little more process to get the desired result. I don't make changes at the elbow, so you might need to ask Dr. Dim how exactly that is done if you want to go that route.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎