X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1980 Kenner Alien Catalog

It’s hard to imagine with all the decapitated looking monstrosities currently at Toys R Us but was downright crazy of Kenner to make toys based on the R Rated Ridley Scott film “Alien’. It’s obvious that Kenner, high off the fumes from the model glue that is the Star Wars franchise decided to not let […]

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I never could figure out why they created a character so big (18inches tall) that you could not use any figure to play with him. I mean he was taller than Barbie & G.I. Joe at that time. I believe that was the main problem.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

well - the Alien was taller than average human height, tho I would guess more like mid 7 to 8' vs the 9' the Kenner figure would be if it was 1:6 scale like Joes. It would get kinda close with the 13" SMDM figures and Boba Fett who were also Kenner toys.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Still have my Kenner 18" Alien, found on clearance at Zellers back in 1980.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I wish, in 1980, I wasn't a 15 year old toy-hating wanna-be "cool" high school student / aka dumb-phudge poopie-brain- boy

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 20, 2008

Also, there weren't really any 1/6 figures being manufactured in 1980. GI Joe production (in the US) had ended. It was likely more a thing for the kid to interact and play with, like many 1960s large toys were, rather than having it compatible with another toy line (like Colorforms Aliens and Major Matt Mason, for example).Glad they made it big though, rather than a Mego scale or something.

Sean

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎