X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Ultraman Monsters?

Has anyone given thought to making all the great monsters in Ultraman? I have a Takara Gamera where the character goes into the suit so that could be a way to do it...
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Its a wonderful idea, but at this stage Mego will probably have to focus on the Ultraman corps to see if the consumer response justifies a deeper look. I think the first one they should make is Dada since he already has a human body to work with. All they would need to make is the head and pattern a standard bodysuit to to achieve his iconic look.

Comment

• zeedox
      Career Member
      • Aug 10, 2007

Well let's hope the line continues, I think Ultraman needs some Monsters.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by zeedox
        Well let's hope the line continues, I think Ultraman needs some Monsters.
        Oh I completely agree. Personally I want a Hayata, so we can have the foundation to build the Science Patrol (then the monsters). But I'm not getting any indication they're warming to that notion right now. My fear is if they go too far into the Ultra Corps, and away from the core series that most people know, that will kill that license. From a business perspective, it makes sense to create a Hayata because people will buy tons of him to custom make the rest of the Patrol. The outfit alone would be the attraction. Maybe I'm just seeing it wrong.

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

At least one monster would be nice. So would Hayata.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Hayata would be great and would definitely lead to multiple sales for folks to make Science Patrol members. Dada would be an easy kaiju to make and would look pretty good in the Mego world. There are some others that would be a similar construct to the CFTBL, with extra tooling for hands, chestpiece, and maybe feet. That would add to cost, but if there was enough of an audience, it would be worth it. Depending on what era of Ultras MEGO is allowed to go into, there are also some of the bad guy ultra persons, like Belial that would pretty much be head and hand sculpts, plus the jumpsuit. I think they could even pull of Baltan with some cloth goods and claws. BBP got away with the Morbius they made, so why not?

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Seems very unlikely. But if you're looking for some monsters to figure your Megos, the older Ultra Monster (not the more recent series) scale decently.

Comment

• zeedox
                Career Member
                • Aug 10, 2007

Mego made a box set a year or so with all sort of Mr. Spock variant clothing etc. We could get one figure of the Toho guy in the suit and 3 monster suits!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎