X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1983 JC Adventures in Toy Land Catalog

Another fun trip down memory lane courtesy of the JC Penney toy flier. The Penney Flier always kind of went a step up from normal advertising and this 1983 brochure looks more like a cool comic book than an advertisement. 1983 is a great example to have thanks to the metric ton of iconic 80s […]

More...
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

I love the dialogue bubbles, especially when they identify their size and price, but I think having an Ewok call for the Rebel forces to gather and destroy the Death Star is my favorite.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, I always assumed Castle Grayskull was pricier than that. $26.99 seems like a steal, even in 1983 money.

But man, I LOVE the art in this. It's like some childhood fever dream caught in print.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Love the fact that they went with draws instead of action figures...
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Wow, I always assumed Castle Grayskull was pricier than that. $26.99 seems like a steal, even in 1983 money.

But man, I LOVE the art in this. It's like some childhood fever dream caught in print.

Chris
          I'm not sure about Castle Grayskull, as I got that for Christmas, but I remember saving for Snake Mountain, and I'm pretty sure it was pricier than that. I was also thinking Point Dread was just a little more expensive.
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I seem to recall Snake Mountain being around $40, but that my have been due to the microphone thing that most kids (including me) played with a for a total of five minutes. It didn't need it.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Delightful.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tay666
                Career Member
                • Dec 27, 2008

Wow. That is so cool. Never saw any of those fliers.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎