Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: 1983 JC Adventures in Toy Land Catalog

Plaid Stallions 1983 JC Adventures in Toy Land Catalog

Another fun trip down memory lane courtesy of the JC Penney toy flier. The Penney Flier always kind of went a step up from normal advertising and this 1983 brochure looks more like a cool comic book than an advertisement. 1983 is a great example to have thanks to the metric ton of iconic 80s […]

More...

Images
    I love the dialogue bubbles, especially when they identify their size and price, but I think having an Ewok call for the Rebel forces to gather and destroy the Death Star is my favorite.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Wow, I always assumed Castle Grayskull was pricier than that. $26.99 seems like a steal, even in 1983 money.

But man, I LOVE the art in this. It's like some childhood fever dream caught in print.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Love the fact that they went with draws instead of action figures...
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Wow, I always assumed Castle Grayskull was pricier than that. $26.99 seems like a steal, even in 1983 money.

But man, I LOVE the art in this. It's like some childhood fever dream caught in print.

Chris
    I'm not sure about Castle Grayskull, as I got that for Christmas, but I remember saving for Snake Mountain, and I'm pretty sure it was pricier than that. I was also thinking Point Dread was just a little more expensive.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    ^Yeah, I seem to recall Snake Mountain being around $40, but that my have been due to the microphone thing that most kids (including me) played with a for a total of five minutes. It didn't need it.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    Delightful.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Wow. That is so cool. Never saw any of those fliers.