• May 19, 2003

J.J. Abrams and Ta-Nehisi Coates Superman reboot

Ok, let the fireworks begin...

sigpic
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Reboot is stupid.

Society as a whole doesn't need another origin story. Krypton explodes! Yay a rocket! Two years old throws a tractor! Glasses!

Just do an existing film with the character currently established. Why does JJ think he needs to reinvent everything? I loved his Star Trek, hated for the most part his Star Wars. Adapt the Geoff John's Braniac storyline and you've got a winner.

Why is this ***** so hard???
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

We already just had Man of Steel not too long ago. The entire movie was itself a reboot and an origin story. Why the the heck we want yet another reboot so soon?

Yes, I’d have to agree with you here.
      sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

If what I have been told is true its not a reboot, it should happen in the multiverse with either Earth 2 where Val Zod is Superman or Earth 23 where the population if mostly non-white. Personal it is way early to believe this is happing.

Earth_2.jpgEarth_23.jpg

Now if they really wanted to go crazy they should go with Justice League China
        Justice League China 1.jpgjustice League China 2.jpg
        Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 26, '21, 10:18 PM.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

The casting of Man of Steel was the one thing done right, so leave that alone and give Cavill a chance to be Superman. Abrams I don't trust all than much after SW. I really doubt that we will see some alternate Earth Superman.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

supposedly Cavill is out bahh. This is going to be Jar Jar Abrams I can sense it
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

If JJ & Ta-Nehisi has there way they will cast Michael B Jordan as Superman.
              th.jpg
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                If JJ & Ta-Nehisi has there way they will cast Michael B Jordan as Superman.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]30005[/ATTACH]
                why not, he already has one superhero bomb under his belt.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

I doubt they'd do it but I want to see them adapt Superman For All Seasons.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Such a bad idea. JJ should get away from superheroes and sci-fi.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

And WB actually paid JJ and Bad Robot/Bad Reboot many millions of dollars so he could screw up the DC cinematic universe.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Geez. Just what the world needs... ANOTHER Superman reboot. To me, this is symptomatic to what the actual problem is - Warner Bros' inability to understand the material, which in turn makes them second guess every decision they make. I've never sensed they have any real investment in this genre. They were prodded for years to get the Superman franchise up and running again. Then the Marvel properties came on the scene and started world building through their various movie projects. By the time they got to the Avengers, only then did WB truly take notice (because of the money it made) and then of course everything was fast tracked to try and duplicate that success.

People forget the foundational films like Iron Man and Captain America: First Avenger were successful, but not these monster hits like Avengers. Even Thor was only a modest success. It was a slow build, but the studio believed in its mission statement and invested in the story arc that got them to what Avengers became. WB does not have any measured expectation with the DC heroes. They want Avengers success immediately or they cast doubt on the whole project. They expect the public to simply buy into whatever promotional campaign they feed to the media. And if they don't get the internet reaction they want, then those projects mysterious rot on the vine. So here we are again. Back to square one. A slew of projects promised, and countless talents (actors, directors, writers) on and off again. No wonder people quit on this studio. WB does not believe in this genre. It just feels like they want to make a cheap buck and move on.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

The Non-comic book media labeled this reboot. Until they have script and actor we dod NOT know if it is a reboot or continued adventures in the DC Multiverse. Black Adam will introduce the JSA who as far as been told doesn't exist in the DC Extended Universe unless there is a rewrite/reboot like they did in Wonder Woman & Aquaman.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Abrams is there to do it in his vision, not continue Snyder's

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Abrams has been circling Superman for years. It was only a matter of time before he landed. I'm not opposed to seeing a different Superman on screen, but it's a shame Cavill has yet to get a second chance at a solo film, hopefully outside of Snyder's dour take on the character.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎