Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lanard is becoming a force to be reckoned with.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Lanard is becoming a force to be reckoned with.

Last night I purchased my first Lanard toys Predator figure, and was completely blown away.
    I think Lanard may be the best actual TOY company out there right now.
    Looking at my Berserker Predator, the sculpt and paint work surpasses that of the new MOTU Origins line from Mattel,
    not to mention it has 25 points of articulation compared to Origins 16 points, AND it's a licensed property?!

Yet they are able to sell these for under $10...over $5 less than MOTU Origins!
    If Lanard starts branching out to other film, television, and comic book properties, I think both Mattel and Hasbro could be in real trouble.
    Lanard is seriously outdoing both companies in terms of quality and price.

I also have their Primal Clash figures from a couple years ago, and they're amazing too.
    Really looking forward to seeing what they put out next.
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

Maybe they will do Terminator or Robocop? I can see them doing those properties and making them very toy-etic.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Wow this Predator is pretty impressive!

Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

That’s pretty darn awesome, very impressive.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

I haven’t bought any of their stuff, but I’ve been tempted. I really like quite a few of their toys.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by drquest
            Wow this Predator is pretty impressive!

Where did you get him?

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Grabbed that image off of eBay. Wal-Mart is supposed to be carrying these I'm told, but I haven't been in a Wal-Mart for months myself.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

I don't doubt their quality...just have a hard time bringing myself to buy.

Aliens and Predator aren't top properties for me to begin with. Add to that the fact that NECA has their own line, and were doing very toyetic Kenner Inspired releases, and these just feel like I've seen it all before, even when I actually haven't.

I get it, these are toys for the sake of toys, and I really shouldn't compare. And there really isn't a comparison...and from what I've seen in store, they are very well made, with fun features. At least the monsters are...the humans are mostly uninspired.

If a kid were into these characters/films, I'd have zero problem buying these for them. Well made toys, with great features at a great price. But as an adult collector with extremely limited shelf space, I can appreciate them for what they are, but I'll give them a pass.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Capt Kirk
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 15, 2005

Agreed. They are definitely coming into their own, again- I really love the 'Joe replacements' that they are known for, but the recent 1/18 offerings have been awesome.
                  And the animals, including Kong? Their space force with removable helmets and glow? Their Aliens/Predator of late? Yeah, I'm pretty impressed these days...
                  AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎