X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mint Off Card: Dr. Zaius 1:12th from Mezco Toys

Mint Off Card takes a real detour this week and looks at the new Mezco Toys 1:12th scale Dr. Zaius from Planet of the Apes. Is this my new thing or something that I shouldn’t get into? You let me know in the comments. I bought this at Entertainment Earth and they sponsor this channel…

More...
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Ohhhh, it jives, the Chief Defender of the Faith always jives!

For me, there is no Mezco One:12 without Apes… scale matters not when the product is this good me thinks.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

Awesome review! I absolutely love my Zaius, he's just so perfectly well done. I have two other Mezco 1:12s, Frankenstein (with high-water pants) and Stealth Spider-Man (aka Night Monkey). My other half has Blackbolt & Harley Quinn. If Mego hadn't made its come back, I would most likely be buying most of what Mezco 1:12 has been offering up. I will definitely be picking up whatever they offer up in Apes and those Conquest monkeys are already calling my name. Thank you for bringing that news to us, I hadn't heard it elsewhere and I'm so thrilled to hear that they will be returning to the license.

^ ...and what He said!

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

I'm hooked. Have a couple Mezcos and looking forward to Ultraman.

Great review!!! As always.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Great review. I too have been at arms length with these because of the scale and cost. But seeing this one and the sheer number of accessories really starts to substantiate the investment. And that head sculpt is the best interpretation I've ever seen of Zaius. Talk about shrinking the actor down and handing him to you. Knowing they will continue the line is what I needed to hear to cross over. At that price point, I want to be able to purchase a series of figures to build a meaningful display. I've landed on the Mezco Planet of the Apes. Its time to cross over.

Comment

• Orion
            Museum Night Watchman
            • Mar 11, 2008

A really great review. I enjoyed the presentation and the fun comparison shots to other Mego figures. The Mezco Zaius looks like an incredible piece.

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

As someone described these, as a toy photographers wet dream... Some of the snaps people are taking with this line, almost puts U off buying them , knowing that U will never ever be able to recreate them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Great video, as always! I only own two One:12 figures myself, the Dark Knight Ascending Batman and the new Reeve Superman, but I love them. My son has several (Joker, Batman Beyond, Homecoming homemade suit Spider-Man and Far From Home Stealth "Spider-Monkey" costume), and I could easily see myself getting more and more into these. Yes, they are pricey, but the craftsmaship and the sheer fun of them is off the charts.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Cool video, Dr. Zaius looks spot on, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Probably the nicest representation of Dr Zaius in action figure form to date …

Only prob is the 100-ish bucks price tag.

IMO, they should do an economy version with one head, one set of hands etc.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎