X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Day of the Robot Battery

Okay, so I've already made a Mego Maskatron years ago but after recently giving my Hypnos custom a reboot, I've turned my focus to Maskatron.

He's currerntly on a clear type S body but that new grayish silver Ultraman body is looking pretty darn close.

My question to you is regarding Maskatron's chest batteries. Before I just used stickers, but tossing out the idea to my friends to see whether yahs had any nifty ideas on other ways to make this look better.

Thanks in advance.

1st.jpg

cb0f9616b5303291c83ba714e30f7f97.jpg

unnamed.jpg
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

do you want to make them removable like the original?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      do you want to make them removable like the original?
      Not necessarily, tho that'd be cool. I just found the stickers I used before are starting to peel and look kind of cheap. Was curious whether anyone here had thoughts?

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

if You switch to the grey body it would have to be decals or if laser Mego could figure something out. On the clear body I bet they’d look cool inside the chest
        Last edited by thunderbolt; Feb 25, '21, 11:23 AM.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 23, 2019

That looks like a shrinky dinks, or whatever it’s called now. I think you can print on plastic and put in oven. It would be a nice solid piece that the image would be protected within... now I want to make one. But I need a Barney Heller head to make masks for him. Love this.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by Tiberiusguy
            That looks like a shrinky dinks, or whatever it’s called now. I think you can print on plastic and put in oven. It would be a nice solid piece that the image would be protected within... now I want to make one. But I need a Barney Heller head to make masks for him. Love this.
            This is a great idea I'd have never thought of. I'm gonna check this out. Thank you.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

shrinky dinks!!! my sister and I used to LOVE them! you can print on them now??? awesome!
              (great looking figure too!)

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

YEa the shrinky dink printer paper
                These fantastic films shrink to hard, durable plastic embellishments that are 9X thicker and 20% of its original size. Simply create, cut, and bake! Use conventional or toaster ovens or a heat gun. Includes full instructions and tips. Each sheet measures 8-1/2" × 11".

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

I was actually thinking about using clear vinyl sticker paper. That way I don't have to fidget with shrink sizes or thickness of plastic. Just design, print and stick.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

This time, rather than use a blurry/glossy pic of the real deal, I decided to recreate from scratch the batteries. Finished the first of three today.

batteries 1 of 3.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎