X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

First look MOTU Revelations figures

Plus a look at the design for He-Man and Battle Cat for the second MOTU Netflix series.

Mattel Inc. held its Virtual Analyst Meeting this morning as a digital replacement for its annual in-person event that usually takes place at Toy Fair New York (TFNY). While the company has been holding virtual press and retailer presentations to showcase new toys and games for 2021, the analyst event typically comes with some additional Read more...
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

And so it begins...

I buy all MOTU figures, accessories, vehicles and playsets.

This is gonna be trouble

Looking good, so far.

masterverse1st.jpg
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

The Masterverse Revelations figures look nice. Larger and slightly higher price point than the Origins line. Basically MOTU's Marvel Legends.

Not crazy about the He-Man and Battle Cat designs from the kid's CGI reboot cartoon. Not as bad as I expected after the horrible She-Ra reboot but still not great. He-Man is too armored and dark colored and Battle Cat looks like something out of those spikey Bayverse Transformers designs. Still hard to get even slightly upset over it when there is so much classic designed MOTU stuff coming out.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm "meh" on these, might buy Skeletor or Mer-Man. Certainly not collecting them.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Sounds like Mattel is going to do three different MOTU lines.

Origins- Retro fans
          Masterverse- $20 Marvel Legends style collector figures encompassing all the different versions of MOTU. First series will be from the Netflix Revelations series.
          He-man and the Masters of the Universe- New kids line based on the CGI Netflix series.

I may not be interested in every thing they do but I certainly can't fault them for finally giving such strong support to MOTU. It's a good time to be a MOTU fan.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, when it rains it pours. Interesting that they are going so far in all at once, after going non-retail and then allowing the license to go to a boutique company in recent years.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Mattel-MOTU-Cartoon-Design-Reveal.jpg

If this is what the Netflix series is going to look like I may pass on it. Those arms???
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]29977[/ATTACH]

If this is what the Netflix series is going to look like I may pass on it. Those arms???
                That's the kid's show. Netflix has two MOTU series. The cel animated anime style Revelations mini series and the CGI He-Man and the Masters of the Universe aimed at kids.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Wow, when it rains it pours. Interesting that they are going so far in all at once, after going non-retail and then allowing the license to go to a boutique company in recent years.

Chris
                  They really had no choice. After losing the DC license to Spin Master, Mattel needed another strong action figure property and MOTU is really all they have. You can tell from the incredible packaging art, to the new mini-comics, plus vehicles and playsets already, they're putting a ton of time, money, and effort into MOTU, and it seems to be paying off.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I think, too that the Super 7 stuff did well and Matty took notice.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎