Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else love Chitty Chitty Bang Bang ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody else love Chitty Chitty Bang Bang ?

Before I die, I would love to see Hallmark make this as a musical animated ornament

m
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

It's a flawed film but with fun music, I'm a fan. I think the stage version actually improved it.

I had a little Corgi Chitty when I was a kid, it was so cute.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 21, '21, 10:17 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Why flawed ?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I don't care for the contrived "story" aspect of Vulgaria in the screenplay, and it throws the pacing off. I still enjoy the film.

In the musical, Vulgaria's espionage and theft is real and figures in the first act. The whole show thus has more impetus and urgency. But I like musicals.

Regarding the film, I've always thought Sally Ann Howes should have gone on to great things.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Sally Ann Howes is crazy lovely .. .agreed

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

She really is, and "Sad, Lonely Man" is, too.

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

The visual imagery of the guy in black gathering up the kids and putting them in the wagon haunted me as a kid. I remember as a child thinking “why are my parents letting me see this? Why is nobody stopping him?”

Now that I have a three year old grandson, I apply that nightmarish moment that I had to him when I’m watching something questionable and he’s in the room. Something may seem tame to my world-weary jaded eyes, but to a little kid trying to figure out the rules of the world, the imprint can be long-lived.
              Last edited by YoungOnce; Feb 21, '21, 11:06 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I posted about the Child-Catcher here elsewhere, so damn creepy.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

Child Catcher totally freaked me out as a kid, but I was in love with the car so I held on for the ride.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I posted about the Child-Catcher here elsewhere, so damn creepy.
                    It was like if MAJOR HOCHSTETTER went Dark and Gothic!!!

Loved BENNY HILL, he is the best!!!!

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                      It was like if MAJOR HOCHSTETTER went Dark and Gothic!!!
                      WHAT IS THIS MAN DOING HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

Mikey: doing his best to clear the RIP threads off the first page!

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 15, 2010

Love the movie, the car, the toys (Corgi, Stevenson Entertainment Group), the music, and the Broadway show, too. (Teamwork, makes a dream work!)

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

love it. the child catcher scared the hell out of me as a kid. i introduced my kids to it when they were little and they really liked it. it is a very long movie though

As an adult, well, Truly Scrumptious truly is. Beautiful woman

Comment

• megomania
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jan 2, 2010

We just sold a 1968 Chitty pop-up book a few weeks ago on eBay...it was pretty cool.

-Chris

s-l1600.jpgs-l16001.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎