X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Mezco One:12 FANTASTIC FOUR !

Ok, I’ll admit to being one of the biggest critics of Mezco’s One:12 figures, but the just-revealed Fantastic Four set looks, well, fantastic !
    They usually junk up the costumes with strange lines, piping, etc (Mez-flair), but these look just like they jumped off the comic pages. If they had adopted this aesthetic from the beginning, I’d be much poorer now!
    E5CE317B-F623-4E63-8DA7-C90454F2857D.jpg

(I’m not crazy about the torch design, though; I’d rather he were fully flamed-on!)
  • Gzilla2000
    • Jun 28, 2007

I'm not liking Torch either. Changing the suit to shades of red would make a world of difference.

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Click this link for a bigger, better pic of the foursome:

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm an FF fan and I like these, but Torch is not working for me.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I like these but yes, I agree the HT doesn’t appeal to me. I would rather just have the normal all red version with painted on flames.

Comment

• rykerw1701
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 27, 2007

Just when I start thinking I'm done with Mezco, they go and do something cool. There's just not a lot of Fantastic Four stuff out there, so this stands out.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Has there ever been a "perfect" Human Torch figure? No one seems to be able to nail it. It's such a hard visual to translate from comic to 3D plastic. If you print the lines on him, it looks kind of weird. If you sculpt them, he looks like he's made out of Slim Jims. The Mego head is nice, and the costume is fun, but it's uneven. That new Marvel Legends 3.75" Kenner Retro figure is pretty sharp with translucent plastic.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Well my Torch was going to be along the same line, or like Bobby Drake. Those are really cool and not all noodled up like usual
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

Up for pre-order:

Buy Fantastic Four One:12 Collective Deluxe Steel Boxed Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

$420, sold only as a set.
                  Still not liking the Torch; I wouldn’t be surprised to see a fully flamed on variant down the road though.
                  Tons included for the money, still pricey.
                  Doom rumored to be announced soon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Well, I was just going to get the Human Torch for my son because he was showing me pictures of it and all excited about it, but looks like it's a box set only. Sigh.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by warlock664
                      Up for pre-order:

Buy Fantastic Four One:12 Collective Deluxe Steel Boxed Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

$420, sold only as a set.
                      Still not liking the Torch; I wouldn’t be surprised to see a fully flamed on variant down the road though.
                      Tons included for the money, still pricey.
                      Doom rumored to be announced soon.

yeah if you want to collect Mezco, bring your wallet. But this set does look terrific.

Comment

• alex
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 15, 2009

I dont think Ive ever experianced plastic crack, as I have with these things, seriouly cant wait for this set.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎