X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

NECA Phantom review - Photo gallery

Came across Phantom, Flash, and Ming at Walmart tonight. The Phantom (in any form) is pretty much a guaranteed impulse purchase for me since I see so little of him. This one did not disappoint.

Out of the box my figure's joints at the knees and elbows were absolutely locked in place. So I strongly encourage heating those before you put too much tension to them. For me I heat a cup of water for two minutes and dunk him for 30 seconds. Then I let him cool briefly so I do not warp the joints in the process of unlocking him. After a couple of minutes he was working well, but I still had to be patient and slowly work each one free. I would strongly encourage heating the wrists as well when changing out the hands, since the prongs on these pieces are pretty fragile.

The accessories are some of the best I've seen in the six inch scale. And very imaginative for this character. He comes with one hand that has a hole where the ring would be to insert a ring blast.

Had to let Mando suffer a bit to illustrate how cool this effect truly is.

His hand gun also has two shot burst inserts that fit over the end of his weapon. One short range, the other long range.

Also comes with a Zuffy figure that has limited shoulder and hip articulation.

The price at Walmart was $29.95, which is pretty standard for a Neca figure. With all of the accessory pieces, including two extra hands and the Zuffy figure, its a really nice display piece. Here's the current set as advertised on the back.

• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Ooooh, that is so nice. In Toys, or Collectibles?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks PNGWynne! In my Walmart these guys were sitting on a bottom shelf under the Funko Pops in the collectibles section where you would typically see Megos hanging nearby. If I had blinked I would have missed them.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Great looking figure. I love those blasts.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I was really happy to find flash today.we was the only one I saw.is Lothar and Mandrake for later release or should they be available now? I put Flash in with my Alex Ross DC Direct JSA and Justice figures and he blends in just fine with them

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Looked today, no luck. Will try another Wal-Mart tomorrow.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

This NECA Phantom looks pretty sweet, haven’t been to my local Walmart lately, maybe later this week I can take a look.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

It looks like he has a water squirting ring. It would work well for a Joker lapel flower squirting effect.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Ooh man, that's tempting!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Finally nabbed one of these, it does not disappoint. Not many Phantom collectibles out there, this one is excellent.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

Any ETA on Mandrake or Lothar on when they will arrive?

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

^ I haven't read anything on those, but I do know that Target is now carrying these as well in their collectibles section. Keep an eye out.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, pleased to get mine at Targ.

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

I found 3 at Target, and purchased one that had frozen left knee,left hip and left elbow. I used all the tricks with cold water that worked on Mattel DCUC( and others) and was able to fix knee ,and elbow, but the hip joint broke.Target not allowing returns on
                            collectable Neca $ 30.00 figures so I will not waste any more money on these. I have an original Phantom Defenders of Earth figure that has only lost a little paint on his hands after more than 30 years

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Curious, why cold water?… hot water works miracles with contemporary PVC.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎