Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have one of those fast-food delivery subscriptions ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Does anybody have one of those fast-food delivery subscriptions ?

Very tempted, but would like to hear some feedback first...
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

Do you mean like Door Dash or Caviar, or something specific to fast food? We use DD and Caviar a few times per week but the only "fast food" we ever order is Subway or Five Guys.

-Chris

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Does any of them companies do ma&pa places ?

I really have a hankering for some Chinese but they stopped delivering since the pandemic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Yes ^^^^^^ But you have to go through their websites to see if they are listed.

I order through GrubHub and DoorDash frequently. Last order was from Troys, one of the local Greek restaurants.

Postmates is another food delivery service, but have not used them.

I have ordered everything from cheap McDonalds to much pricier restaurants, like Troys.

It can get pricey, as aside from the food, there’s a delivery service plus tip for the driver. So your Chinese order will cost more to order though these delivery services than straight from the restaurant, but like you said, some are not doing it themselves through the pandemic, so you must use Grubhub, DoorDash, and Postmates.

I recommend order a la carte to get the most bang for your back. Like a whole chicken from Boston Market or a bucket of fried chicken from KFC, or something like that, instead of individual plates. So if you order Chinese, don’t go by plate, order takeout boxes. That way you have leftovers next day.

I also get all my groceries delivered, but the supermarkets do it directly themselves, like Whole Foods, Amazon Fresh, Safeway, Target, etc. I have not gone and shopped outside since the pandemic started.
        Last edited by Hector; Feb 20, '21, 5:28 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Delivery & takeout from the best local restaurants. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and more, delivered safely to your door. Now offering pickup & no-contact delivery.

sigpic

Comment

• megomania
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 2, 2010

As Hector said, it can get pricey. DoorDash adds on fees on top of the tip like service fee and a regulatory fee here in WA state - for us it's the convenience so we are ok with it. We signed up for DashPass - $9.99/mo. gets us free delivery. We order Chinese, Pho, Mexican, Pizza places that don't typically deliver, Teriyaki, Thai, Steak dinners. With COVID, pretty much every restaurant is offering delivery through one of the apps. Occasionally the restaurant will mess up the order but we've never had an issue getting a credit / refund or redeliver.

The one I avoid is Uber Eats - used them twice and had terrible experiences. Pre-Covid, the driver called me and made me come out to the street to pick up. The other time we opened the bag and everything had spilled, like the driver just let it bang around in the car.

-Chris

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by megomania
              The one I avoid is Uber Eats - used them twice and had terrible experiences. Pre-Covid, the driver called me and made me come out to the street to pick up.
              That happened to me one time with DoorDash. I refused to go out. I didn’t pick anything up. The driver waiting kept texting me to go get it. I said no. I’m not comprising my elderly mother for him. I kept telling him to leave the bag outside my front door. He refused. Instead, he left the bag on the sidewalk and then left.

I took a picture. Send it to DoorDash. Not only did I get a very nice apology, but my money back, an extra $10 future reward and the $10 tip I had given the driver. Yup, got my food, $20 back...and I’m sure the driver got an earful, maybe canned, who knows. You just can’t leave customer’s food on a street sidewalk like that. That dude had gotten a friggin $10 tip for crying out loud, what an arzehole.

I appreciate people delivering food. That’s why I’m willing to spend lots of money, support eateries, and tip nicely. Having said that, if you are too lazy and want to cut corners doing your job, then I suggest you don’t perform this line of work and go do something else.

Once he left, and once I had taken the picture. Since it was night and there were no people walking on the sidewalk (my street is very quiet to begging with), I picked up the left food bag. It was cold by then, I reheated it. Dinner on the driver. Thanks, man. I enjoyed your free treat.
              Last edited by Hector; Feb 21, '21, 7:17 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎