X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: 1977 Mego Catalog part 2

Vintage Mego cracks open the pages of the 1977 Mego catalog and also we address some misconceptions about Mego. Part 2 subjects include Comic Action Heroes Happy Days One Million BC Starsky and Hutch King Kong Our Gang The Flinstones The Micronauts Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here: www.toyventuresmagazine.com Join us at MegoMania https://www.facebook.com/groups/megomania Subscribe to our…

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I'm glad you started with the SW killed Mego myth. I dislike that one as well. Lots of companies survived and thrived while missing out on SW and, like you mentioned, Micronauts sold like crazy during the 70s.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Great commentary. I retrospect, I had a fair amount of Micronauts--it was a fun line.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I had King Kong, he stepped on a few plastic toy soldiers and tanks back in the day, wonderful memories.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Another great video! I had no idea Mego (through Samett and Wells) made plushes beyond the Fonzie pillow/figure I have. And honestly, I never questioned why Mego made Fonzie's garage, an only occasional set visited on the show, versus the omnipresent Arnold's. That makes so much more sense! And you could have pulled Fonzie's (really Ralph's) jalopy up outside for a carhop!

I somehow missed the Micronuats train completely. I'm not sure how. I knew there was a comic, but I honestly don't recall seeing the toys, or at least knowing they were connected to the Marvel comic. I think my vision was so super hero myopic before MOTU came along that I just didn't pay attention to lines like that or Fisher Price's Adventure People, unless they were based on a TV show my family watched, like Happy Days, Dukes, etc.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎